Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Ok guys, after putting significant time in this 98 SE (Tires, Brakes, ALL fluids, steering head bearings, Firecreek Shield, Corbin, etc.) I finally get to take it on the road for a few days. Gonna leave Ann Arbor MI area about 8am Monday and head to Ohio to ride about 40 interesting roads - mostly in the SE part of the state. Going with 5 other bikers from our church. It's an annual thing. I'll report back on how nice the ride is. Bob

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

Congrats:clapper::clapper:

Have a safe and fun ride:waving: and take plenty of pix:cool:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

rkjjeep wrote:
Ok guys, after putting significant time in this 98 SE (Tires, Brakes, ALL fluids, steering head bearings, Firecreek Shield, Corbin, etc.) I finally get to take it on the road for a few days. Gonna leave Ann Arbor MI area about 8am Monday and head to Ohio to ride about 40 interesting roads - mostly in the SE part of the state. Going with 5 other bikers from our church. It's an annual thing. I'll report back on how nice the ride is. Bob
Do they have a part of the state for regular Aspencades and Interstates?

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

exavid wrote:
rkjjeep wrote:
Do they have a part of the state for regular Aspencades and Interstates?

Hey - thats pretty funny. I thought of several retorts but then thought better.

The bike ran and rode perfectly and I got to know it better. Had a chance to compare to friends 1200 and 1800 and will add some comments later. Bob

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Good deal Bob,

Ride safe and say a prayer before you leave!:clapper:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

rkjjeep wrote:
The bike ran and rode perfectly and I got to know it better. Had a chance to compare to friends 1200 and 1800 and will add some comments later. Bob
Gotta be tactful and delicate with that!:goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

First some comments on my 1500. The bike had new Dunlop E3's as we left on the trip. The trip included limited interstate, was mostly twisty turny good surface two lane in southeast Ohio. If you have never explored the good roads in Ohio you must do that. I knew about the roads because I grew up there but my riding companions were shocked. You can just wander around all day and every road you take is fun. There is a DVD for sale that shows he roads from a motorcycle mounted camera and makes suggesstions. Search "rideohio" (I think).

Anyway I really enjoyed the bike. Remember, my comments are supported by over 30 years of riding and racing MANY types of motorcycles. The wing handled better in the curves than I expected but it took me a day or so to get the hang of riding it smoothly. Actually this would be a good training bike for riding these kinds of roads. The bike almost DEMANDS slower (but reasonable) corner entry speeds and then typical throttle appication (in one gear lower than I expected) to power thru the turn. Once I got the hang of it the bike was great fun. I didn't ride hard enought to touch anything down.

Swapped bikes and rode my friend's 1800 for a couple hours. Another nice bike. A little more power, obviously stiffer frame, stiffer/sportier ride, felt much smaller, was more forgiving to too high corner entry speed, seemed able to be ridden about any way you want. I was a little surprised at the driveline lash/clunk on/off throttle and the rougher ride. Best part was the bike seemed MUCH easier to make sharp turns in parking lots etc - I need more practice on mine!

Check out Ohio - we had a great time. Bob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.