Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Yessssss. It's been three, nay four long months since my bike has been street legal since the move to KY. A couple decent days here and there just killed me as I couldn't ride, except 'round the block. Ugh.

So finally I'm employed and can afford the $45 tags. Plus saturday will be in the mid 70's!:action:

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Chris, Grads on that for sure!

There are some awsome roads around you. You should check out hwy 62 in indiana take it to the hoosier national forest, you'll pass through Leavenworth indiana and it is a beautiful scenic ride and some nice curves to boot. Only thing Leavenworth has besides the overlook and killer road is a resteruant called the overlook, it ussually has about an hour waite but good eats none the less. Paoli and Salem are some great areas to ride also. Tracy and I love going through Salem and Paoli just for the great countryside.

Ride Safe and hollar at me sometime we'll have to go for a ride along 56/156 up the river road towards cincy.

Rida Safe, Ray

:action:

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
imported post

Good Luck to Ya.

I remember the feeling of a forced lay over.

It's bad enough here in the north with all this white **** laying all over the place.

After getting on the bike after a bit of not riding. I always feels like the tires are flat or slippery or something.

Just feels strange and I am especially careful for the first few miles.

Where, When I put the bike up I was scrapping the boards in corners and felt so secure in the ride.

Good Luck in the Riding and watch everybody. Front, Back and that Knothead entering the road.

Mohawk

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

I too am getting the tags this weekend.. Cant wait. Congrats and have a blast

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,195 Posts
imported post

Great news to hear Chris. It always feels better to be able to renew those tags, and then go feel the wind in your face.

Down times are no fun, I can vouch for that.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
imported post

Have a great and think of those that can't ,I sure do everytime I hear or see one ,,
Later,Ride safe Mike

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

Awesome!

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
imported post

Congrats Chris, I don't know where you are in KY but I know some places up there do a inspection before they will tag something from out of state.

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Yup, I have to get it 'inspected' first. All they do is brake lights and turn signals there in the parking lot.

Thanks for the info Ray. I'm not seeing a lot of safer roads around where I live...lots of bad pavement and concrete with huge chunks taken out. People like to pull out of their side roads without looking, or cross over 3 lanes expecting everyone else to yield.

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

Brake and turn signals eh.
Here in New Jersey you must have a DOT approved helmet with reflective tape to 3 sides of it. Im not sure about the rest becasuse I have never inspected.

SHHHHH.

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
imported post

Chris down here, 80 miles south of Louisville all they check is the Vin #. Have agood ride!

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
imported post

My tag only cost $7 every year.

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

Damn rip off at the motor vehicle office.
i never understood why they get away with taxing the same item over and over again.
I am pretty sure theyr ecieved the taxes when new but after 5 owners I am totaly sure they have thier taxes paid.

WHY with all the taxing on a n old product that is changing ownership/.

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

muaymendez1 wrote:
Damn rip off at the motor vehicle office.
i never understood why they get away with taxing the same item over and over again.
I am pretty sure theyr ecieved the taxes when new but after 5 owners I am totaly sure they have thier taxes paid.

WHY with all the taxing on a n old product that is changing ownership/.
I've always felt the same about that. I call it double dipping.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

Nice to hear things are goin foreward for you!!!! Have a splendid Kentucky ride!! jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
imported post

Good to hear, Chris. Hope you got a ride in this weekend. If you ever want to hit the mountains, give me a shout. We have some great riding down here in Berea.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.