Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm almost in posession of a 1985 GL1200A. The guy otld me that he just had the injector tubes (?) replaced and was then told it needed a crank sensor. He said it'll idle fine but when he rides it after about 10 minutes it shuts off. The bikes getting brought to the house this weekend and all I've done so far is a visual look at it, (dead battery too) so I haven't vereified exactly what it's doing, but figured I'd see if anyone had any ideas. I tried to look the crank sensor up online at Sabre Cycle, but no luck....

any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

aspencade

I just came across a thread on here from 07 on the same deal, and it looks like one problem with it was the fuel pump

·
Premium Member
2,855 Posts
imported post

if this is a 1200a it dosent have injectors it would be an ltd. I would check the pulse generators being as it stalls after it warms up they someetimes quit after they get warm

·
Premium Member
2,855 Posts
imported post

if this is a 1200a it dosent have injectors it would be an ltd. I would check the pulse generators being as it stalls after it warms up they someetimes quit after they get warm

·
Honda Guru
2,012 Posts
imported post

Bike...and Dennis wrote:
If the bike is an LTD, and I think it is, I would leave it alone. Problems are very difficult to trace on those and parts are hard, some impossible, to find.

+1
If it's an LTD I wouldn't pay real money for it… if it was free then I might take it off his hands and probably part it out.

Plus… I'd RUN from anything having to do with Saber Cycle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.