Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Well I got me a 94 for 500.00. It's in great shape. It's got that trans problem that was in the 94's. Was dinkin with it today and found the the vac petcock leaks, So I will oreder a rebuild kit for that. It had a bad fuel pump in it. I had found one on ebay a year ago when I was goin to buy then. He wanted 1500. forthe bikethen just could not come up with the money then. So I got a call a few days ago to see if I was still interested for 500.

Just happened to sell some wheels off my other bike. So I went and snatched her up. I know I will have to put some money in the engine. But I wont cause it was 3000. to fix the trans and I can find a good engine for under 1000.00 So thats the way I am goin.......JD

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Sounds like you have a bit of a project ahead of you and as a result, will get to know your new ride rather well. Good for you for not being afraid to tackle it!

BTW, the vacuumpetcock rebuild kits are real tough to find now!

Good luck and congrats!

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks Dusty Boots. Yes I have a long road ahead of me. But will be awhile before get started waiting to move to my new house when I buy it soon I hope. So for now I just dink with it......JD

·
The Irish Crew
1,248 Posts
imported post

That isn't a bad price JD. With a bit of wise spending you could end up with a good Goldwing for well under $2000 total.

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
imported post

A good deal, will be an excellent after replacing the engine. Make sure if it is an Aspencade or SE you don't get an engine from an interstate. The Interstate engine has no reverse.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,154 Posts
imported post

Redeye1620 wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/8ynhabz

Has anybody try to convert the vac petcock to a manual one?
I can't see any problem with it.

The obvious is you would have to remember it.

On the downhill side, it "might be" a safety issue in a turn over accident. Fuel could continue to flow until it was manually shut off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.