Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello all, thought I would say a quick hello to all my fellow wingers.

I'm 31 years old, married with 2 young kids. I have owned all kinds of bikes but can't tell you how happy I was when I purchased my GL1200 LTD on monday. I sold my 1999 VTR1000F to buy it. This was quite possibly the best decision on bikes I have evermade. I have wanted a Goldwing since passing my test in 1997 when my dad had a 1500. I have had a look at the site and really like it, VERY helpful.

My bike will be perfect after tuesday when I take it to Honda to have the carbs stripped down cleaned and balanced as she really struggles for revs when loaded. I didn't expect her to be perfect as I only paid £1000 for her but she will be my pride and joy:thumbsup:.

Lee

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

[align=center]

[/align]
[align=center]Welcome leewarne[/align]

·
Premium Member
12,790 Posts
imported post

:waving:Hello Lee and Welcome . Your LTD should be fuel injected . There are quite a few member with the LTD model and SE-i model which is also injected . I wish you many smiles along the the highway with your new to you bike . Visit the forum often and enjoy the time you spend with us .

·
Premium Member
68,164 Posts
imported post

WELCOME:waving::waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thankyou,

Maybe its not a LTD? Now i'm not sure!! It definatly has carbs but it has Limited Edition written on the side?? Its an GL1200 year 1985 DE Model. Anyone have any ideas what I have lol??:?

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hi, firstly welcome to the best G/W forum on the net. :waving:

Sorry I can't help ya, :(I'm a 1500 man myself.

if ya post ya question here: http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum4/......it wont be long before one of our mechanics, come to your aid......and it's all FREE
:leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

A very warm welcome to the site Leewarne. :waving:

First question is, what colour is the bike? If it really is an '85 Ltd it will be gold with a brownish panel insert, which was the only colour the Ltd came in. If it is, it hasn't got carbs, it was the first of only two years of injected models, before Honda reverted to carbs right up until the 1800 in 2001.
Hope this helps a little to help you identify the model more precisely.
:waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
imported post

Welcome from Oklahoma :waving: Enjoy the wing :cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
imported post

Lee, Welcome aboard ! :waving:

Vez

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

Hello from Virginia,

Welcome Aboard!!!!!

Glad to have you with us!

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

:waving:Welcome to Steve Saunders forum :action:

Nice to meet 1 more from across the Pond !

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
imported post

:waving::waving::waving::waving:Welcome from Canadas west coast Vancouver Island

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

A Grrrrreat Big Welcome to this great site from Canada's west coast. There is a huge wealth of information, so don't be afraid to ask questions or contribute your experiences. I have a gl1200 interstate that has all the body panels of theLTD but that was a PO add on.:waving::waving::waving::action::action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

Thanks for the link, but I will stick with this one. This one looks alot better and who better to ask about an American bike then american bikers.:bow:.

Thanks for the warm welcome

Lee

(NICE TRIKE BY THE WAY)

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

leewarne wrote:
Thanks for the link, but I will stick with this one. This one looks alot better and who better to ask about an American bike then american bikers.:bow:.

Thanks for the warm welcome

Lee

(NICE TRIKE BY THE WAY)
Just to set the record straight, despite the large membership from America, this is in fact an Irish site. :cheesygrin:

So what is the verdict on your new acquisition, is it a Ltd or more probably an Aspencade or Interstate, a picture posted here would quickly solve the mystery. :waving:

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

I have come up with my final decision. It is an Interstate ( I think ). I don't think its an aspencade as its silver with dials not the digital speedo. I remember that my dads first wing was an aspencade and he had a digital dash.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.