Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I got this trailer from my Father-in-law some time back, but just never needed to pull it, but finally have a need to. We are going to Missouri to visit my Uncle this weekend and i got her washed up, wired up, and ready to go!!!

Attachments

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Now that is a sweet looking trailer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
12,803 Posts
imported post

Thats just Neet ! Not sure what it will do for MPG, but that dont matter when your having fun and looking good doing it . :action:

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Well, it is not too bad for mpg since it is rounded it is pretty aerodynamic actually

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
imported post

I pull a trailer(not a keg trailer) and if I keep my rpm's below 3000 which is around 65 for me I can average 30 mpg which is not too bad. I ride a GL1500 Trike.

Not having a trike you should do better than that unless you really get the speed up there.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
imported post

Incredibly eye catching!!:banana::banana::banana:

·
Premium Member
64,651 Posts
imported post

Roll Out The Barrel, We'll Have A Barrel Of Fun......

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

Well we just got back!!! What a trip. We rode through all the backroads we could. Only hit the Interstate for about 30 miles on the way up. It got dark so we aborted the country roads we were not familiar with. With me and the wife, (were both bigger people), a cooler with a couple bags of ice and a case of water and snacks and all our clothes( ours and my parents) we averaged 30-32 mpg. Considering i only get 38 without the trailer i did not think that was bad at all. Plus good ol' Dad bought supper and a tank of fuel for us pulling the trailer and making packing easier on them. So all in all it worked out perfect!!

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Has anyone noticed that as a wine cask the tap should be on the bottom of the barrel?

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imported post

Well, i use them as opening handles, so ont bottom was not a good option. However, we made a small pumping device form an old windshield washer motor and a common toilet hose and the tap does work. It's just for show, but fun in a crowd. I usually fill a bottle up with sweet tea and then hit the switch an pull the tap!!!

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

dustin neal rose wrote:
Well, i use them as opening handles, so ont bottom was not a good option. However, we made a small pumping device form an old windshield washer motor and a common toilet hose and the tap does work. It's just for show, but fun in a crowd. I usually fill a bottle up with sweet tea and then hit the switch an pull the tap!!!
Now that is cool that you did that. Makes me want to rig something up on my trailer.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
imported post

It's not very long. It was when i got it and it did not pull good. It wanted to sway real bad. I shortened the tongue to the point where the trailer is balanced almost perfect.
( lean it 3 inches forward and it will tip forward and visa versa with tilting back )
Then i mounted my spare tire under my cooler mount so there is just a little weight on the tongue, even without the cooler so it will always try to tilt forward. That way i don't hit a bump and the weight try to shift to the back and pull up ont the rear of the bike.

I have looked at several trailers and have always wondered why people leave the tongues so long. Why is this?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.