Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Tis the night before Christmas and the mechanic did call . . . and told me all was ready for my bike to be Rode…

I purchased my 2003 Orange Goldwing back in July ‘11. I drove back and forth two times from Tallahassee to New Orleans to pick it up. The first time a strange knocking sound was coming out of the headers, so we left it in New Orleans to have the seller’s Honda Dealer look at it. After a couple of months the dealer still didn’t have time to look at it, so I trailered it back to Tallahassee so that our Honda dealer could look at it.

My Honda dealer was also backed up, so after a while I took it to triumph dealer to have them look at it. I finally got the call from my mechanic telling me all the work was finished and that it was ready to ride.

For the last couple of months I was in contact with the mechanic discussing what they found. It appears that the bike sat for a while at the seller’s house. When we inspected the air filter there was a dead mouse buried in it and Mud-wasp had made their homes all in the plastic.

The reason the bike knocked so loudly was because the fluids in the head gummed up so badly that the retainer pin/clip on one of the valves came off. I was very fortunately the valve did not fall into the cylinder. We decide to clean out all the valve stems and ports. That worked the bike just hums now and sounds great. So after fixing the valves, changing the air filter and Oil, replacing the fork seals and brakes one new headlamp bulb and putting on new tires, it is ready to ride.

I am looking forward to having some great rides in the near future. I hope Sunrise and I can meet up with some of the members along the way.

Happy Trails,

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
imported post

Good for you. Let me know if you are in the Tampa area for a ride...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.