Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1985 GL1200 Limited Edition
3,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally ordered an Odyssey battery from Amazon along with a Battery Tender Jr last weekend and the battery came in today! After making some pads/shims, (the Odyssey is a bit smaller than the lead acid battery), I got her installed, checked the fluids, turned the key on, rolled the throttle a bit and hit the button.. She spun about 5 times and fired right up after setting for about 5 1/2 months!!

Have I ever said how much I like fuel injection??!!!! :dance: :grin: :grin: :dance:

I popped her in gear, ran her outside my shed and let her run for about 15 minutes while I got my Pledge and such to clean her a bit and check a few more things on her before riding. Well the ride to Marion and back was.... Well I guess I forgot how much I enjoy riding the old girl!!

Jobe 05 was at the McDonalds there and I had a pretty good meet with him and his wife and met the guy who might be the new owner of Jobe05's Ltd Ed! Nice guy and I wish him well with buying it!

That's pretty much it... Basicly just typing this now and STILL trying to get the grin off my face!!!!

Still trying to find that friggin choke thingy though..........

·
Senior Smart Aleck
1,599 Posts
:claps::claps:Good on ya Roscoe. I got in about 800 miles this weekend riding to Kansas for Pops Ride. Now get out there and try to wear the old girl out. :waving:

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
I really forgot how much I love my 1200....... That was a fast 210 miles (Cold on the way home), I forgot how well that bike rides...... Smooth as glass on the highway cruising Along at 75-80, bumps in the road just don't seem to be there.... 46.5 MPG...... Radio, Cruise, trip computer.......... Why do I want to sell this thing?? Rethinking now...... Might sell the 1500 instead.

It was great seeing Don again however, as always, I like talking to him, he is such a generous guy with his time and knowledge, I will always be indebted.

·
Premium Member
1985 GL1200 Limited Edition
3,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As I said... 10% commision....... :cool:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
Well if you go and sell the 1200 or 1500, don't forget to tell the new owners that you have promised me the loan of the bike in September/October, so they should be looking out for a bloke riding on the wrong side of the road, coming to their house!!! :shock::ROFL::ROFL:

Good to hear you guys were getting to meet up and also both on the 1200's.

I don't suppose either of you thought to take any pictures for us limeys. :?

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
congrats, I have that same grin each and every time I ride, it was 27 on my way to work this morning

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
Well if you go and sell the 1200 or 1500, don't forget to tell the new owners that you have promised me the loan of the bike in September/October, so they should be looking out for a bloke riding on the wrong side of the road, coming to their house!!! :shock::ROFL::ROFL:

Good to hear you guys were getting to meet up and also both on the 1200's.

I don't suppose either of you thought to take any pictures for us limeys. :?
No pictures...... What happens in Marion Stays in Marion....... of course.... Nothing ever happens in Marion........

You get the 1500 or the 1800 now! I would feel horrible putting you on a small 1200, and sending you out into the wild blue yonder............ No sir! You deserve so much better, besides, I need to at least equal all your other first class accommodations..........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.