Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Got in truck this morning. 1/8 tank of gas. Ugh..

Rolled bike out of garage, leaned her onto side stand...oh ***%&^*&, its not there,

bike goes down on left side.. didn't keep track of side stand!

Picked her up per youtube video (it works, even w/ 3 damaged disks in back).

Rode to work, beautiful sunrise, reds & pinks.

Arrived at work (COE dam), turned into parking slot (sort of) down she went on right side. Tried to pick her up again.

Nope, back can't do it twice in one day.

Called control room, coworker came out to help.

Got her up, I rolled her into slot, leaned her to left, oh no, not again.

Coworker grabbed her on right, I leaned into her on the left.

She is now on center stand, safe.

I need to spend more low speed time in school parking lot & more sleep.

Perhaps 4 hourswasn't enough.

SO, 2.5 times in one day. I am humble and happy at the same time.

No damage or injuries.

Those of you coming out for Sturgis, wave to the north when you pass Chamberlain, SD on I-90 @ Missouri River.

Above all else, be safe and have fun!

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the club! But 2.5 times in the same day (same hour?) is a bit over the top. Trying to prove your worthiness to join our "club"? LOL

Hey we honked and waved the last time through Chamberlain, but didn't get any response. Well, it was raining at the time, maybe you didn't see us.............

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
imported post

Derned overachiever...............:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I work rotating 12 hour shifts, so maybe I was sleeping...(that's my story & I'm stickin' to it) :smiler:And yes, left garage @ 0550, arrived at work & finally parked @ 0635.:blushing:

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
imported post

In my best Maxwell Smart voice (which isn't very good)"Ah, the old disappearing side stand trick". I've forgot to put the darn thing down myself at least once :)

Had the opposite thing happen the first day of my Colorado trip this year. For some reason I couldn't remember to put that side stand up. Was about to rig me up a warning light, but I was ok the rest of the trip :)

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
imported post

"Got her up, I rolled her into slot, leaned her to left, oh no, not again."

Damn near blew coffee all over my monitor!

Sorry you had a bad day but you just made mine! :ROFL:

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

yep s**t happends . naw not me .she just took a nap. thats all. well come to the club.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
imported post

I would say that validates your membership in our exclusive club quit well.
Now that's out of the way, you'll be better able to enjoy it.
Feels better to get it out of the way. :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

Don't buy any lottery!! You have NO luck!!!!

Thanks for the laugh, and I hope your pride feels better soon. I know mine would be pretty beat up and bruised.

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

Glad the bike AND your back are ok. I had back surgery about 20 years ago. Removed one disc.
That is one club I hope never to join. I would not deal with it as easily as you did. I can't stand the thought of dropping a bike, maybe being REALLY careful because of that is why I never have (so far)

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
imported post

And I thought I was the only one that show these abilties to operate at slow speeds. I think I just won.t slow down.

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

I have 5 bad disks, and I'm an expert at picking up a Wing, becauseI have dropped so many of them by not either getting the side stand down before getting off (twice on 1500, once on 1800 and 1100), having the side stand down, but bike sitting at wrong angle and falls over to right side when getting off bike (Twice on 1500, once on1800), falling over when trying to get bike on or off centerstand (4 times on 1100), and finally rolling forward off of side stand, and falling over (twice on 1500, almost, but caught in time twice on 1800, and once on 1100). So because of my back, I had to become good at getting them up without hurting my back any worse, and the trick is use your legs to lift, and not your back. If my legs start giving me trouble, it will be time to start thinking about triking.:smiler:

Gene:action:

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

UPDATE: Re-enacted the day in my mind, like my fighter pilot buds, to determine what I was doing wrong.

Not keeping track of side stand & not using clutch to control slow speed motion.

Rode home after work, stopped for gas, rest of way home, motored into garage,

feathering clutch while maintaining constant revs. SUCCESS!!

Good to refresh old skills (sold last bike in '04).

Thanks for all the comments. Made me laugh.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.