Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Village Whack Job...
7,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the kid bought himself a little step through. 49cc E-Ton Beamer. Has twin headlights with high and low beam, turn signals, stop and tail lights and will prolly do about 35 mph with him on it. With my fat a55 it only does about 28.

I got it running today and we'll title a tag it tomorrow. So I go to Progressive dot com to see how much it's going to cost to insure it. I put the absolute minimum coverage I could get on it.

The end result; $110.00 DECREASE in premium for the term. Motorcycle policy went from $70 a month down to $50 a month for ADDING a vehicle.

·
Premium Member
12,868 Posts
is that why so many here have multiple bikes ? I better add one myself , or several .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does this mean if I add enough bikes the insurance company will start cutting me a check every month?

Bill

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
6,765 Posts
Just to insure one of my bikes costs me $31 a month. if I insure two, $27 a month. With all three on the policy, a whole whopping $21 a month. So it is actually cheaper for me to keep the GL1200 on the policy even though it has a blown motor. Maybe with the savings, I might be able to save enough to buy another motor. Nah, I'll just spend the savings in gas riding one of the other two. I ask my insurance rep why the decrease every time I add a bike to the policy. He said that motorcycles are considered recreational vehicles and not ridden all the time (he doesn't know me very well). Since I am the only insured rider, there is no way I can ride any two at one time.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Shhhh. If you guys keep blabbing, they might hear you...and I'll have to pay more!

·
Premium Member
3,073 Posts

That makes no sense !

·
Life Time Premium Member
3,919 Posts
On another forum I frequent (computers), one guy with a very nice (expensive) car found his insurance went way up after his daughter totaled her car. They figured she would be driving his occasionally. He found it cheaper to buy her a used car then to make the higher insurance payments.

·
Just me.
2,746 Posts
I got it running today and we'll title a tag it tomorrow.

Here in Arkansas, if it's less than 50cc's, no tags or D.L. required.
And yes, they are allowed on the street.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.