Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I usually stop over to the GW forum about once a month or so. Spend most of my forum time over at Venturerider and HD Forums. But lately I seem to be drifting more over here. Been working hard at a second job to buy a new or used bike and at this point am still undecided what to go with, but the closer I get to my goal the more I’m drawn toward the power, agility, dependability and looks of the GL1800. I’ve had a Venture and a Ultra and who knows may go back to one of those. Plan to spend most of the day going through all the post that I’ve missed here. Just don’t tell the boss.

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

goldwings have that attraction once you have riden or looked at one there is no going back because there is nothing you can compare it to :?

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

One day a Goldwing will follow you home and you will never regret it.:action:

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
imported post

agnogel wrote:
goldwings have that attraction once you have riden or looked at one there is no going back because there is nothing you can compare it to :?
Sort of. If they don't make a major change in the looks of the old beat up 1800 the next thing under my butt will not say Honda. I'd like them to take the cc's and the ride and make it look more sleek like a nice bmw. Maybe show a little engine like a Harley. Maybe get rid of the gear box wine so I can better hear the purr of the big 6. Things like that. This ain't the year 2001 anymore Dorothy (or Mother Honda as it were).

·
Administrator
58,946 Posts
imported post

that gearbox whine is a favorite peeve of mine.
Other Honda machines don't have it, and Yamaha machines don't have it either.

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
that gearbox whine is a favorite peeve of mine.
Other Honda machines don't have it, and Yamaha machines don't have it either.
Does the 1500 have that too, or is it just the 1800? I don't recall from my short time on a 1500.

It doesn't bother me.

·
Administrator
58,946 Posts
imported post

The 1500 and the 1200 also have the gear whine in the tranny. It is a result of the straight cut gears. Hell for stout, like the old truck transmissions. Just noisy.

you get used to it and quit thinking about it after a while.

it's not so noticable in 4th and 5th, so just ignore the whine when you are accelerating.

If you wear a proper fitting full face helmet, you probably won't be able to hear it anyway :) I know that when I have my HJC Symax II helmet on, I don't notice the tranny anymore. :action:

See, there's more than one good reason to go ATGATT :cheesygrin:

Now, you could just cut the mufflers off and go HD style and who cares if the tranny whines ??

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
1. ... It is a result of the straight cut gears. Hell for stout, like the old truck transmissions. Just noisy....

2. ... It's not so noticeable in 4th and 5th, so just ignore the whine when you are accelerating...
1. I like stout, even if a bit noisy.

2.It doesn't bother me because my Sirius Radioblocks it out!

I road Harley's for 20 years and have flown helos for 26, maybe I just don't notice the whine so much cause it just blends in with my tinnitus. Finally, a benefit from my ringing little friend.

·
Administrator
58,946 Posts
imported post

Oh, I've got six of those ring a dingy little friends with me all the time too.

The only way to forget those little ear noises is to get involved with something else that is more important.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.