Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I've been told there is an auxiliary connector somewhere in the left portion of the faring under the pocket with the soft cover.

I have taken the pocket out twice on my '94 GL 1500 SEand haven't been able to find it yet. Does anyone know something that I don't?

For those of you that have found the auxiliary connector, will it work with a Sirius Satellite Receiver?

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
imported post

Why do you need an aux connector for a Sirius Sat. radio? I tune mine through an unused FM station. Works great.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
imported post

sixt5 wrote:
I've been told there is an auxiliary connector somewhere in the left portion of the faring under the pocket with the soft cover.

I have taken the pocket out twice on my '94 GL 1500 SEand haven't been able to find it yet. Does anyone know something that I don't?

For those of you that have found the auxiliary connector, will it work with a Sirius Satellite Receiver?

You only get this aux connector on the Interstate models, because they have a very basic radio setup. :waving:

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

The only reason I was interested in the auxiliary plugs is because I was looking at a Sirius Satellite receiver that had that option that didn't transmit to the stock radio.

I've since changed my mind and got the type that transmits to the stock radio.

Now I need to figure out how and where to mount it. I don't like the idea of mounting it on the handle bars. I'll think of something.

I also found out that the auxiliary plug is for the Interstate only.

Thanks for the input.

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

sixt5 wrote:
The only reason I was interested in the auxiliary plugs is because I was looking at a Sirius Satellite receiver that had that option that didn't transmit to the stock radio.

I've since changed my mind and got the type that transmits to the stock radio.

Now I need to figure out how and where to mount it. I don't like the idea of mounting it on the handle bars. I'll think of something.

I also found out that the auxiliary plug is for the Interstate only.
Thats what gaswing pointed out earlier. :waving:

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

It would have been nice if Honda had built a factory satellite receiver.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
imported post

Not really. If Honda made a built-in, they'd charge you $1000.00 for the option. I've found that nothings cheap on a wing if it's offered by Honda.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.