Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Goldennative
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot for the life of me find the VIn number of a recent purchased Goldwing. It is a 1500 for sure but all attempts to locate VIN have failed. I cannot see it on the steering head or frame as suggested in my shop manual. The title says 1992 but I am wondering if that is correct. Engine number is SC22E-2405624. Could someone inform me on locating the VIN and also if this engine serial number is a 92 or some other year?

·
Premium Member
1991 GL1500 Interstate Cinnamon Beige
505 Posts
Look at the upper right side of the neck of the front forks. There is a sticker with black numbers and white background.

·
Administrator
26,564 Posts
Look at the upper right side of the neck of the front forks. There is a sticker with black numbers and white background.
I have always found the decal on the left side. The VIN should also be stamped into the right side of the steering head.

Reactions: Pwhoever

·
Premium Member
1991 GL1500 Interstate Cinnamon Beige
505 Posts
It might be a matter of "perspective", , , I speak from my personal experience. I say that the Front brake reservoir is on the right handlebar, , , and I see the VIN sticker below it on the neck/collar area of the frame directly below the handlebar.
I look directly down from the right handlebar and this is what I see, , ,

Two people seeing the same thing might describe it totally different, , , sometimes "perspective" means both people can be correct, , ,

·
Administrator
26,564 Posts
OK then, I only remember seeing them on the left side. Not perspective, left is left and right is right no matter who you are.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,193 Posts
all of them that I have seen are vertical, from top reading down.
easier to use a camera to get a pix, than try to view it from the top.

and they have all been on the Right side of the steering neck.

·
Goldennative
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gee. I am still looking. I am wondering if somehow the sticker can be removed and is gone. Also on the steering neck, I have looked every way imaginable and see nothing. Have on old GL1000 and found the numbers, vertical, with no problem. Just did that to make sure I wasn't going blind. Will try again and notify if I find "gold numbers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts