Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
737 Posts
I think I may still have one I didn't use. I will search as soon as my back will let me. Will let all know when I can.

·
big PIA
1,429 Posts
How much are they going for? I see where people get them but not how much given for 1. I hope I can be in the running depending upon price

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
The listing you're looking for has ended.

Honda GL1500 Gauge Panels
Condition:
New

Ended:
Sep 23, 2016, 01:50:18 PM PDT

Price:
US $28.00

This was 2 years ago from eBay.

The "supply-and-demand" rule applies since firecreek is defunct and no other "supplier" has stepped up. (YET!!)

Combine that with the fact that if you're lucky enough to find/buy a "USED" OEM panel, you're probably in the $30-50 range.

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
I agree, , , its DEFINITELY, worth taking a moment to evaluate the "risk v. reward" factor. And if a similar idea were available for the 1800's, , ,and there was some interest among the riders, , , ,THAT would be kicker for me, , , I'd be IN with both feet.

·
Registered
85 Posts
When I got my bike, it had this Fire Creek panel on it, in the factory blue. It fit so well I assumed it was a factory part. I looked to see if it was and found it was aftermarket. I guess I got lucky.

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Yeah you did!! The PO did you a big favor. Matching colors are rumored to have been $75-85 at first, , ,but went up about double near the end of the inventory. ALSO, , looks like you have "firecreek" gauges on it too, , so add another $100-150 probably.

Is it on an Interstate, or Aspy?? Had to ask because your "profile" bike is an 1100 and I thought these panels only fit the 1500.

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
The Firecreek panel arrived on Monday!!! Absolutely PRISTINE condition (Thanks again John!)

I've gotten "feedback" from most all the riders (that I could find) who have experience with these.

I'm in the process of locating the original "molds" so that I don't have to re-invent the wheel.

If anyone has any ideas/suggestions, feel free to PM me, , ,all info is appreciated.

BTW, , ,anyone who is interested in one, , , just gimme a PM and I can judge how many folks are interested.

·
Registered
236 Posts
The Firecreek panel arrived on Monday!!! Absolutely PRISTINE condition (Thanks again John!)

I've gotten "feedback" from most all the riders (that I could find) who have experience with these.

I'm in the process of locating the original "molds" so that I don't have to re-invent the wheel.

If anyone has any ideas/suggestions, feel free to PM me, , ,all info is appreciated.

BTW, , ,anyone who is interested in one, , , just gimme a PM and I can judge how many folks are interested.

I am in for one of those firecreek covers....I PM'ed you....Thanks

·
Registered
727 Posts
I've got one I bought a few years ago and never used. Like new condition. Make me an offer if interested.
PM'ed you.....

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Jcains, I hope that panel went to a good home, ,thanks again.

I've spoken to the owner of Firecreek who told me that he got rid of the molds in an "exchange" with a friend, , the friend then got rid of the molds to an unknown truck driver who came through the area. It seems the original molds are not an option for this project.

I'm getting information and contacting possible "vendors" to do the work, , , and I'm doing CAD drawings while I wait for the responses. I still have high hopes that this is a "do-able" project. The "pool" of potential users is dwindling daily as these beasts get older, crashed & trashed, and "ride into the sunset", , , but it will be worth it for the few that are left to enjoy.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Jcains, I hope that panel went to a good home, ,thanks again.

I've spoken to the owner of Firecreek who told me that he got rid of the molds in an "exchange" with a friend, , the friend then got rid of the molds to an unknown truck driver who came through the area. It seems the original molds are not an option for this project.

I'm getting information and contacting possible "vendors" to do the work, , , and I'm doing CAD drawings while I wait for the responses. I still have high hopes that this is a "do-able" project. The "pool" of potential users is dwindling daily as these beasts get older, crashed & trashed, and "ride into the sunset", , , but it will be worth it for the few that are left to enjoy.

Have you come up with anything yet....just checking in too see if there is any update on doing this

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
It's still progressing, , , just waiting for more "reasonable" responses. The responses have been extremely high, , but I'm hopeful to find a small-ish mom&pop, or "family" outfit that'll tackle this. I'm reluctant to deal with any vendor that is outside the USA for "logistical" and/or "tariff" reasons. I will do my best to get these panels reproduced as quickly as possible.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Timing is everything. Going to start my winter work on my 1500 that includes wiring for my heated gear and such. This unit would be a good addition, and would like one if any out there or BLUTHUNDR31 does a production run. Good luck. Cheers

21 - 40 of 59 Posts