Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I took this picture from inside the fake tank of the spark wire connections. I have the aftermarket electric ingnition instead of points. Can anyone tell me the correct firing order for this? I believe I have mine wrong.

Thanks!

Blessings,

Moose

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

here you go

Attachments

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

RB,

Thanks for the reply. Itried thediagram and Ithe bike would crank but not turn over. My setup doesn't look like the diagram either. The diagram shows the connectors side to side, mine is top over bottomas I look at it as I'm facing the front of the bike like this:

left side right side

I I I I

I O II O I

I I I I

I O I I O I

I II I

Any thoughts on how to transpose this firing order?

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

Follow the diagram..primary wires colors to appropriate coil and plug wires from coils to correct plugs. How they are mounted doesn't matter just the wiring.

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
imported post

You also have the Dyna coils in addition to the electronic ignition (sending unit) Make sure you have power to the sending unit (the red wire). As RB said it's the same wireup; yellow to right coil to the fronts, blue to left coil to the rears.
Pull a plug, hook it up and lay it on the head to make sure you have some spark coming out of it.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

So I tapped into my mechanic warrior tonight. Phase 1 of the carb dismantle is done. I removed it from the engine and now awaiting Randaak's DVD and rebuild kit to show up in the mail. My first time attempt at anything like this.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
imported post

nice kit and CD, get a chiltons manual also if you have nothing, let time be on your side

take many pictures along the way to help you reassemble

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.