Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

At the Christmas meet and greet, there was some discussion of doing a pie run to some of our favorite places here in Arkansas for some pie.

There were four places that came up;

Mama Max's in Prescott

Charolette's Eats & Sweets in Keo

Cody's in Fifty Six

And the Oark General Store.

Dave0430 suggested posting a map, I tried that but did not get it to work. :?

Not sure what would be the best way to do this? Or if it is even doable in one day? But anyway this isa place for some discussion and suggestions.

Later

Bob

·
Administrator
26,571 Posts
imported post

It would be one heck of a day, have to be in the summer when there is lots of daylight to get it done. May have to make it just 3 stops.

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
imported post

Suggestion #1 Check rear suspension. :D

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
imported post

We have been to Oark and Fiftysix and they are both great! Will try to attend anywhere for pie! :smiler:

Norm and Alice

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

Sounds good but how much pie can we eat in just one day?
Maybe we could partner up? 1 pie piece sliced for 2 people at each place.

If it's not rideable in one day to meet up someplace and ride to all the places, are riders coming in from near those places.
Just a thought, maybe pick up the pies on the way into a central place for a early afternoon "Meat and Eat Sugar Up and Ride Pie Party", then after eating all the pies we get out and ride to burn off the sugar!

First annual "MESURPP" ?

·
Administrator
26,571 Posts
imported post

"MESURPP", that's a good one.
I need some time between pies, if I sugar up too much I get sleepy.

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

DaveO430 wrote:
"MESURPP", that's a good one.
I need some time between pies, if I sugar up too much I get sleepy.
I'm with Dave on this, besides, I'm diabetic, so I can only do about 1 slice without too much danger.:shock: Not that I ain't willing and ready, becauseI will be.:claps:

Gene:action:

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
imported post

This could get kind of complex, or lengthier for some if we are coming from 3 or 4 points around the state to ride to 3 or 4 points around the state . . . Do you meet in a central location to all ride and eat together, or meet in one or the other, depending on which is closer, then do a cris-cross to meet different people at one place or another, or do like Chromo says to bring pies from different areas to central location to one big pig-out!?! Wooo, Pig Sooooiieee! The last option does not allow for smaller, more tolerable doses of pie, spread out during the day.

Does this include other than sweet pies, such as pot pie and shephard's pie? These places have good java to wash the pie down too, don't they!?!

Am I confused yet?

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

David in the Woods wrote:
Am I confused yet?
Maybe we can just get ourself confused at a higher level ! :D

Sugar level of course ... :cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
imported post

Right on! :ROFL: Like you said, Monk. . . maybe/probably not doable in a day . . . not getting to all 4 in one business day, even with extended business hours.

Plugging in Prescott to Keo to Fifty-six, to Oark, MapQuest says 10 hrs 4 mins / 358.76 miles. :lash: (And thefirst legis up I-30 from Prescott to L.R, before dropping down to Keo. There are many better bike routes that are off the Interstate, but longer.

Maybe two diferent rides with a Northern route and a Southern route on two days??

Or, just dropping Oark, it would be a minimum of 5 hrs 49 mins / 235.41 miles, Prescott, to Keo to Fifty Six . . . plus extra for Northern folks to get South in the a.m.; and extra for the Southern folks to get South in the p.m.; and extra forMonk going South and East in the a.m., and South and West in the evening.

Something is doable. Is it a possibility to extend it over 2 or 3 days, which may or may not be consecutive? :stumped:
There is so much good pie out there to be appreciated! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
imported post

In doing a daily planner, of sorts, what do you suggest to allow for each stop to fully enjoy the local pie and coffee? About an hour? More? Less? We can play that by ear, but for planning purposes to get from first to last during their business hours??

·
Administrator
26,571 Posts
imported post

What we may have to do is make it a continuous thing and only do 2 at a time and add other places to the list. Queen Wilhelmena St park has some pretty fine pie as does Freds country cooking at Y city.

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
imported post

Graduating from a "run" to a "tour" in less than 24 hours. Dang, we're good!

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
imported post

Monk it would be worth the trip down there to get to go back to Oark with you, Cheryl and I had a great time back in the summer.

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

lopeha wrote:
Graduating from a "run" to a "tour" in less than 24 hours. Dang, we're good!
You mean we may have to eat pie over several days!!!! Oh My!!!

The Pain the pain!!!

Sounds like this is going to be more fun that I first thought. :cheesygrin:

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

Ghost Rider 2 wrote:
Monk it would be worth the trip down there to get to go back to Oark with you, Cheryl and I had a great time back in the summer.
I am always ready to go eat! And I bet we can find some more fun roads to explore.

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
imported post

Hey guys, I am Dodge in Maumelle,AR. I wish I had looked at these posts before the 10th. I would have loved to have met ya'll. The pie run sounds good. Might be alittle chilly but the pie won't ruin. Would someone PM me if you get the time and places lined up. I will check back on this Forum from time to time. I haven't owned a Wing before and it has a long time since I owned a bike. I had forgootten how much I enjoyed it. Stay safe.

·
Administrator
26,571 Posts
imported post

Welcome dodge, hang around here and you will get corrupted like the rest of us and only think of riding and pie and dairy queen. We won't do this until the weather warms up next year so stay tuned.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
imported post

Is this anything like you envisioned? It is one leg of a route from suggested Mama Max's in Prescottto Charlottes in Keo. About half way along this route lies "The Whippet" at Prattsville. The Whippet used to have good homemade pies! It started as a small Dairy Queen type place, but developed into a full fledged restaurant . . . we still like to go for their fish dinner!

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=210354556558262274523.0004b3fc43d21e524c25f&msa=0

·
Administrator
26,571 Posts
imported post

That's a little too close together, not enough recovery time in between pie stops. We can put it on the list for another time though.

1 - 20 of 147 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.