Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

:cheeky1: I'm doing my first charity ride on a motorcycle this next weekend. I'm feeling guilty since for the last 12 years I've been raising money for Multiple Sclerosis by riding a bicycle for a 100 miles or more each year. Now, I'm going to punch a red button, pull in the clutch, kick the gear shift down, let out the clutch and go. However, it's for a good cause. The American Diabetes Association. Wish me luck. I hear I'll beriding with about 2000 other riders, mostly Harley's. I better get some ear plugs.

If any of you wish to contribute, send me an E-mail. I've raise about $500.00 so far.

Jerry :waving:

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

Good for you and folks like you who help out:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

As far as riding with the Harleys, doas I do: Get out in front!! Not only does it reduce the mind-numbing rumble but you don't have to dodge parts, oil slicks, boogers, and sweat.:D:goofygrin:

Seriously, I do know from experience that riding behind some of those guys and gals can be a bit tiresome from the racket. I can't hear my ol' wing run. And what else is funny is I've noticed some HD folks actually using plugs.:crying:

Good riding to ya!

Hobie

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
imported post

I used plugs when I ride my cruiser due to the fact that the wind noise/whistling drives me crazy. I also am wearing a half helmet. When on the wing the wind noise is no longer an issue.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

Well I can see you need this!! Print it out and distribute it before the ride to all your Harley Coriders Ohh And stay at the front of the pack, it is much quieter!!

Harley Prayer

Please Lord, if You will
My Harley to lead the pack.
May those Gold Wings
Be kept far in the back.

Let not them distract me,
Adjusting their shocks.
choosing their speed,
and setting their clocks.

Please don’t allow their
Radios and tunes.
Disturb the throbbing melody
My V Twin croons.

Oh that my rider may not see,
For I know naught to say,
When she queries me,
Why can’t I too ride and crochet?

And where is our stereo?
Our drink holders and intercom?
Why can’t I too have a cell phone,
To call up my Mom?

And last Lord today
As we go on to cruise.
Please have the Honda’s pick up
The parts we Harleys lose.

And my best riding buddy has a loud obnoxious Sportster!! But his little daughter always wants to ride with me on the Wing!!

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Brojees,

The poem is GREAT!!!. I will reprint it and take it with me to the Goldwing dinner this Thursday and of course take it with me on the ride.

Jerry

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Got my ear plugs, plastic bags and my music. Ready to go.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Well, did the Charity ride this last weekend and what a blast. Met my friend who just purchased a new Victory Hammer in BRIGHT YELLOW. His new girlfriend who is 5ft and 100 pound beautiful redhead is dressed in a pink leather jacket, dress gloves with fringe and leather pants and chaps. The weather was chilly for Southern Cal with some light drizzle. We went up to Oceanside and picked up about 40 other bikers. Mostly Harleys, then rode north about 60 miles. There we parked our bikes with about 2000 other bikes. Again, mostly Harleys, a few Goldwings, Kaws and other bikes. A number of the Goldwings were trikes.

The party was fun, and as a top fund raiser, I was given a jacket, shirt, two t shirts, hat, scarf and a VIP lunch with BBQ chicken and Beef. Everyone was friendly, there was good entertainment and the ride up and back was great. I'm posting a few picture from the ride.

Thank you all for your support and good humor.

Jerry

Attachments

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Charity Ride picture 2

Attachments

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Bad Ride Picture 3

Attachments

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Jerry, congratulations on raising the funds and having a good day out. Could you tell us, did the Harley in the first pic ever get off the ground??:baffled::goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Silverfox, with that amount of weight, you must be joking. Talk about to much mojo.

Jerry

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Well I could sure use some of whatever they were on to do that stunt! By the way, on second look, it appears that the actual riderhas two sets of arms. There must be some warped Wingers out there working on some funny captions, as we speak.

You were also right about the friend's lady, very fetching in pink leather, now I am off to ebay to see if I can find me one of those, although I'm not sure if it will go with the white hair.........MMMMmmm.

Pete

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

Go with a purple leather jacket. Much better with white hair. Don't forget the tight fitting leather pants and chaps.

On the picture; One of the guys is 73 years old, several were in their 60s and the youngest was 15 years old. They do these stunts while riding on grass at 7 mph.I would say they have great control of their bikes. Great showmanship.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Try this site, I have seen them a couple of time in the past, and they are awsome.

I think I will go with the purple, but as for the chaps, well over here that is slang for guys, so I might give them a miss, I might bid for something more than I bargained for!! :goofygrin:

I envy your efforts of riding for charity, it must be something else joining such a large group and doing something for such a good cause. I really wouldn't mind getting involved in similar things over here, someday. I can think of nothing more entertaining than following a rear end adorned in leather and making money for a worthy cause at the same time. Suspect I might get a few clonks on the back of my helmet, from "She who should be obeyed" but , no harm in looking at the menu, as long as you don't sample the food!!

Pete

http://www.army.mod.uk/royalsignals/whelmets/gallery.html

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.