Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I joined this forum about 3 weeks ago when I purchased a GL1100 that had been neglected for a while. I have a long history of Kawasakis and was riding a 1978 KZ650 Custom and a 1984 KZ1000 P3 Police bike when I got the Wing.

Well, yesterday I finally was able to get the bike out on the road. I still need to get a few things done as the back shocks are leaking air, the Tach isn't working, it needs new tires, the radio doesn't work and the choke cable is missing but at least the bike is on the road and running. Eventually I will get most of these repairs done but my priorities are the shocks and the tires. I am a little bummed about the cost of new shocks :( but I will just have to get it done. I am getting used to the Wing as it rides quite differently than the KZP but I am enjoying it so far. It seems a bit rough but I know that it will improve some as I ride it (and when I am able to repair the shocks, of course :)).

The Wing is a Standard with a Vetter fairing, saddlebags and trunk, which is fine with me as I like the looks of the Vetter gear. I'll try to post some pics tomorrow. I am looking forward to getting everything running smoothly.

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Oh WOW!!!!!!!!!! you got a wing AND live in Colorado TOO??????? I rode my wing out there this past June and I intend to make it back there.

Glad you got the ole girl going, I'm sure you'll learn to like/love it. One important item if you haven't been informed already,,,,,,,,,,, Change those timing belts, mileage is not as bad on them as AGE is.

Welcome to the forum and best of luck with the wing. Be sure to hang out here often.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
imported post

Where were you when I lived in Denver??????

(Worked at Lowry, but they finally closed due to BRAC, and got moved out here)
If ya wanna meet some great people, go to http://www.thesabrehood.org and find the RMS thread (Rocky Mountain Sabres (Honda Shadow Sabre). They're a great bunch, who ride Sabres, Wings, Aeros, and probably others (but, all started out with Sabres)

(I lived in Centennial, Harry lives in Arvada, Ash lives in Loveland, Swivel Hips lives in Parker, DANK lives in Greenwood Village, meaning, wherever you live, we're close by)

Welcome, hope to have ya around for a while, enjoy the 1100, and feel free to ask anything.
I'll be back in Denver next week. Hope to see ya.
Ride safe
Dave

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks guys! I'll check on the timing belts, thanks for the tip. I was raised here in Colorado and then moved away for a while and lived all over the west US but mostly in Las Vegas and Washington state. I came back to Colorado about 12 years ago and am currently thinking about moving to San Diego.

I love Colorado but I also love riding and am looking forward to riding year round. Oh, and the wife is in San Diego and would kind of like me to join her there. :) (That's my wife on the KZ650C in my avatar)

DaveW, I'll check out the Sabre brotherhood, thanks for mentioning it. And give me a hollar when you are in Denver and perhaps when can meet, schedules allowing. (I live in north Denver/Commerce City, so Arvada is probably the closest ;))

Just want to say what a great bunch of people here in this forum and that y'all know how to make someone comfortable. :)

Mike

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
imported post

I retired from the Air Force in 92, (at Lowry) and just moved out here. I liked Denver, riding the Rockies, but, would like to rider year round also.
I was stationed at Riverside, Ca, and went to San Diego on a regular basis (wife has a sister there) even thought of retiring there (but the cost of housing nixed that idea.)

As far as the RMS group goes, check out their thread, and PM any one of em. Myself and "BlondeBikerBabe" started the group about 6 years ago. It's developed into quite a family, one which anyone who wants to be part of....is!!

I told my GF today, I wanted to get a naked wing. (have a 02 Sabre, 85 Magna and an 84 Aspencade). Also thinking of a Valk, and a GW trike when my hips/back/legs quit working.

Again, glad to have ya, and let us know how you like the 1100.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.