Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

hi,new boy to forum and new to goldwings,im living in ireland and am loking to purchase my first goldwing,im looking at buying an american import year 2005-2006

is there anything in perticular i should watch out for eg.will the radio and other electrical divices work over here,any advice would be great thanks.

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

Hi dowdal and welcome to the forum a lot of guys here have the american inports they have a lot more extras on the like cb radio ect its a case of get the bike and enjoy every thing will work here except the sat nav you will have to get the maps for here and the uk ect

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

thanks for the reply,nice to know that most appliances will work ok, ill let you know how the search goes ,

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

:waving::waving: Welcome to the World's Greatest Goldwing Site dowdal! :waving::waving:

Good luck on the search! It's always good to hear someone else has seen the light and is going for a 'Wing... even if it's the model with the ugly headlights.:cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
imported post

:waving::waving::waving::waving::waving::waving::waving::waving::waving::waving:

Welcome to the world of wing riders no matter which wing you get you will make a lot of new friends riding on the road.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Hi ,Dowdal ,I have 2 x 2003 1800 USA spec and 1 x 2006 USA spec wings here ,if you are interested ,give me a call ,086 8113750 ,Ciaran

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
imported post

dowdal wrote:
hi,new boy to forum and new to goldwings,im living in ireland and am loking to purchase my first goldwing,im looking at buying an american import year 2005-2006

is there anything in perticular i should watch out for eg.will the radio and other electrical divices work over here,any advice would be great thanks.
You'll need to fasten your seatbelt and hold on.

·
I am the Hobo
9,690 Posts
imported post

Make sure the mad axeman sells you one with ABS and gives you a good price. :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Welcome from this side of the pond, when you teach that bike ride on water, come on over.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

thanks to everyone for the welcome ,looking forward to meeting some of ye when i purchase the bike and do a few trips,ciaran might be in contact but may sell my harley first.after reading all the reviews that i can get my hands on and having a lone of an 1800 wing for a weekend,im really impressed with the handling and sportyness of such a big bike but in fairness i should have know as i owned a honda cb1300 around two years ago.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.