Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Just finished a 2000 mile trip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, and Colorado on my, new to me, 2005 Goldwing. What a great bike for touring! I did a couple of 500 mile days, which would of killed me on my other bikes. It's not as sporty, but the comfort andwind/rain protection,offer a whole new aspect to touring on a motorcycle. But then I don't need to tell you all about that. I got 47.5 mpg at 65 mph or less, and 40 mpg at 80 mph. Not bad for 2 up and loaded on a big bike.

Here are a few pictures.

Colorado River road in Utah

Teton Pass overlooking Jackson, Wy

Grand Teton National Park

Yellowstone National Park

Another one of Yellowstone

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
imported post

Very nice.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
imported post

Bet it was a little cool going those places this early in the year. Beautiful scenery, would like to make the trip someday.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

wayler wrote:
Bet it was a little cool going those places this early in the year. Beautiful scenery, would like to make the trip someday.
It was cool and wet. It was in the low 50's before it started raining, then dropped into the high 40's. We had our electric jackets, but didn't need to plug them in because of the great protection on the GW. :action:

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Nothing quite like your 1st big trip, especially when riding a Wing. ;)

Great destinations and pics. Still a fair bit of snow in the High Country yet, as I figured.

Yup, been checking out the forecast for Glacier/Yellowstone/Grand Tetons and looks like we're going to be getting wet and have cool temps. We leave on the 15th. ;)

Now that you've 'cut your teeth', you'll be back for more! :waving:

Dusty

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
imported post

I wanna go!!

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
imported post

Great pix! I am jealous. :)