Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

She's still a work in progress. But now running. As I get more into the bike it looks like she was originally the wineberry color; judging by the overspray I'm seeing inside the cowls and trunk.

We'll call this pic Mark's Aspencade B.M. (Before Makeover)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
imported post

Very Nice. :clapper:

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

Looks good, be sure to keep up with the pics. I never took any before pics before I started cleaning my 1100 up and I really regret it.

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
imported post

Nice looking bike, someone did a good job on the repaint.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
imported post

Very nice indeed

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
imported post

Keep up the good work, love the color.

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
imported post

Don't forget the during photos, before the after. :D

Keep us updated, have fun creating a masterpiece.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Thanks all... the pic doesn't show the flaws and the dings and the rust she accumulated after a year and a half spent outside, under nothing more than a flimsy blue tarp. Mistreated and forgotten she was. Now, she's tucked warmly into my garage. But as mistreated as she was, I thought $1250 was a steal since she only has 40K miles. And once I rode her for the first time Tuesday, I KNEW it was money well spent.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
imported post

looks good man,i like the whie

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Thanks....it looks better in the pic than up close. Final step on the makeover will be new paint. I'm thinking about either keeping her white but with a clearcoat, black clearcoat, or the original wineberry.

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
imported post

Xtracho wrote:
Thanks....it looks better in the pic than up close. Final step on the makeover will be new paint. I'm thinking about either keeping her white but with a clearcoat, black clearcoat, or the original wineberry.
Can't beat white. It's the cleanest and fastest color.

DeDub :18white:

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Xtracho wrote:
I need you to do me a big favor once you get that seat off. It has the backrest mount for a Drag Specialties drivers backrest. I need some close up shots of the way it's mounted. I have one here that I got from another member that he said wouldn't fit his 1200, I think it will as I've seen pics of these on 1200's and 1500's. The ones made for the 1500's have a longer mount bracket on them this one doesn't have. So I'm pretty sure this one I have is for a 1200. I just need some pics of how the seat looks when on the bike and the mount points on each side with the seat removed from the bike.

I'm taking a trip to Texas the 2nd of April and plan to drop this backrest off in Birmingham, Alabama to another forum member so I want to make sure it'll fit his 1200 he just bought. No sense toting out there if it's not going to fit.

Here's the one I have.

One of the mounts on the side.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

Will do Bag... I'm leaving to go offshore tomorrow so I'll pull the seat and get some pics for you today or tomorrow morning.

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
imported post

Xtracho, my vote goes for the wineberry witha clearcoat,it really is the fastest color.

Ritchie

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

Maybe I should post a poll! LOL.... my wife likes either staying with the white or a glossy black clearcoat.

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

The hooked sections fit over the rear top suspension bolt, and the two slotted holes fit on the bolts on the cross member under the seat.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
imported post

"And once I rode her for the first time Tuesday, I KNEW it was money well spent."

A mechanically good bike is the best kind.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

Hey Bag, Here are the pics. Hope they help.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

next...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.