Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Are you kidding me.....WHY DID YOU GUYS NOT TELL ME ABOUT THE GOLDWING SOONER????????????????????????:shock:



I have never ridden a smoother more comfortable cycle in my life. I started out just goingfor a short local and wound up 100 miles later with a huge grin i cant get rid of!!!



The riding position is what i have been searching for, the smoothness i didn't know existed, all rolled up into 1 AWESOME bike.:thumbsup: Holy majoley! I may sleep on the bike tonight. I cannot wait until the spring....





Made a turn and tried to get my thumb back on the button to cancel the turn, and OMG it had already canceled itself....The radio works better than the Bose system in my 2004 Corvette...well maybe... OMGosh i love this bike.



Oh yeah the whole foot peg verses boards topic. I cannot get those floor boards off of that poor MC quick enough, that is the biggest piece of junk:thumbsdown: ever put on anything! I have been riding since 1978, and NEVER have had problems shifting a M/C xsmn.....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,525 Posts
imported post

Oh man, not another one. :? We have tried to keep the Goldwing a secret but unfortunately 39,307 other people on this site found out. :ssshh: Hey, just remember, it's a secret, don't tell anyone.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
26,199 Posts
imported post

Eagleavn wrote:
...





Oh yeah the whole foot peg verses boards topic. I cannot get those floor boards off of that poor MC quick enough, that is the biggest piece of junk:thumbsdown: ever put on anything! I have been riding since 1978, and NEVER have had problems shifting a M/C xsmn.....
That is exactly the way I felt when I bought an 83 interstate with floor boards & heel toe shifter. What a ridiculous bunch of junk.
Good luck finding pegs though. I wish I had a hundred sets for 11 and 1200s.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Goldwings 4 ever wrote:
Oh man, not another one. :? We have tried to keep the Goldwing a secret but unfortunately 39,307 other people on this site found out. :ssshh: Hey, just remember, it's a secret, don't tell anyone.
OOPPPS Sorry, i told about a dozen Harley riders today! I called all my fellow riders and friends, now they are all Craigslist looking....:badgrin:



Eagleavn
 

·
Wild Rhino - Canadian
Joined
·
590 Posts
imported post

CBH wrote:
Just wait until you ride a GL1500 Wing! ;)
Now you did it, you went and and told him about the GL 1500; he was very satisfiedwith his 1200, now he will beg for a ride on a 1500 and be hooked for good.

And for anyone with a 1500 for sale, he may be in the market very soon.



Welcome to the Best Web site for Goldwings



My Gl 1500 came with boards, gonna leave them on for now.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,782 Posts
imported post

NEVER EVER test ride an 1800 unless you have a payment plan worked out ahead of the ride . :ROFL: Well thats what I have been told . SO I am stuck on a 1500 for now .
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
313 Posts
imported post

OnaWingandaPrayer wrote:
NEVER EVER test ride an 1800 unless you have a payment plan worked out ahead of the ride . :ROFL: Well thats what I have been told . SO I am stuck on a 1500 for now .
That is NOT just an urban legend. I resisted taking a ride on an 1800 for over two years but when I finally broke down and took this 2010 for a spin, my wife got out her cheque book, and as they say, the rest is history.

Back in the day, I took a 1200 out for a spin and a couple of days later ended up buying two of them.

Congratulatons Eagleavn, you've got a fine bike and there's plenty of enjoyable miles ahead of you.

Regards,
 

·
Just another ORF!
Joined
·
8,189 Posts
imported post

Now why in the world did you go andbuy an old man's bike for? :? :ROFL::ROFL:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
50 Posts
imported post

Fortunately Not Many Harley Riders Read This Forum........
Welcome to the best ride going...
Wait til spring ????
Only reason to live in South California..
 

·
Still Learning
Joined
·
13,270 Posts
imported post

SOUTH CALIFORNIA???????

I got rid of the floor boards on my 1500 a few months after receiving it. I found some Dually pegs to put on, much better and can lean much further into the corners now.
 

·
Still Learning
Joined
·
13,270 Posts
imported post

Eagleavn
Did you get your switch replaced or what happened with it cutting out on ya? I didn't see any finalization on that post.
 

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
Joined
·
12,840 Posts
imported post

Eagleavn wrote:
Are you kidding me.....WHY DID YOU GUYS NOT TELL ME ABOUT THE GOLDWING SOONER????????????????????????:shock:
We would have told you sooner if you would have come here sooner. ;)

Welcome to the forum and to the best touring bike in the world!

John
 

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
Joined
·
12,840 Posts
imported post

Eagleavn wrote:
Are you kidding me.....WHY DID YOU GUYS NOT TELL ME ABOUT THE GOLDWING SOONER????????????????????????:shock:
We would have told you sooner if you would have come here sooner. ;)

Welcome to the forum and to the best touring bike in the world!

John
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,525 Posts
imported post

Eagleavn wrote:
Goldwings 4 ever wrote:
Oh man, not another one. :? We have tried to keep the Goldwing a secret but unfortunately 39,307 other people on this site found out. :ssshh: Hey, just remember, it's a secret, don't tell anyone.
OOPPPS Sorry, i told about a dozen Harley riders today! I called all my fellow riders and friends, now they are all Craigslist looking....:badgrin:



Eagleavn
Forget about the Harley riders. You can't convert them. They love that 1920's technology on their new bikes.:D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
247 Posts
imported post

My wife just loves the wing. Riding pillion, or in the sidecar when it's cold, or when she fancies forty winks! Smooth, quiet, bump in the road? Hey, was that a bump? The wing handles everything you throw at it! .... I'm preaching to the converted here.....:D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

newday777 wrote:
Eagleavn
Did you get your switch replaced or what happened with it cutting out on ya? I didn't see any finalization on that post.
I spoke to two different Honda dealers. Both told me that the SB had not been done on my bike and they couldn't help me. They said that they expire after a certain length of time. Iargued with one guy and got a lot of attitude about buying a bike that was 4 decades old.....so i hung up on him!:cheesygrin: So at this point i havent done anything about the switch issue. But all worked OK yesterday, i wll replace the switch when my bank acount will permit.





Eagleavn
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,579 Posts
imported post

My brother was the same way. He was amazed how nice a GW rides. He bought a 79 a few days later.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
123 Posts
imported post

When I was looking to get back to riding last year after a long layoff I swore that I wouldn't buy a Wing. I thought I wanted something more "throaty" and looked/rode several different makes/models including HDs and VTXs. I checked out the Wing just on a fluke (a cousin suggested) and fell in love with it on first sight/ride. I imagine that in a couple of years I'll get a 1500 or 1800 but no way am I getting rid of my 1200. Too much fun!
 

·
Token Canuk
Joined
·
8,236 Posts
imported post


Greg and Carol wrote:
OnaWingandaPrayer wrote:
NEVER EVER test ride an 1800 unless you have a payment plan worked out ahead of the ride . :ROFL: Well thats what I have been told . SO I am stuck on a 1500 for now .
That is NOT just an urban legend. I resisted taking a ride on an 1800 for over two years but when I finally broke down and took this 2010 for a spin, my wife got out her cheque book, and as they say, the rest is history.

Back in the day, I took a 1200 out for a spin and a couple of days later ended up buying two of them.

Congratulatons Eagleavn, you've got a fine bike and there's plenty of enjoyable miles ahead of you.

Regards,
Tain't necessarily so, I've ridden half a dozen 1800's, the newest bike I"ll ever own will be a 2000 ( model year ;))

Goldwings 4 ever said .......

Forget about the Harley riders. You can't convert them. They love that 1920's technology on their new bikes.
:D

Well we've got a convert down here, after riding with me a few times he traded his 2008 HD Street Glide for a 2010 Black Wing & has been smiling ever since, mostly from the looks of his Harley buddies. I told him he is "one of a kind", Look for a Black Wing with Ontario plates in Daytona shortly. :action::action:
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top