Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

My girl and I finished a 14 day 4500 mile jaunt from Detroit north to Mt.Pleasant then we turned south where we stopped in Dayton Ohio, Goodlettsville Tn., Hattiesburg Mississippi, then a 3 day stay in New Orleans. We then rode on to Galveston Tx, north to OKC, BF, Iowa, Hoyt Ks., Duluth Mn., Escanaba Mi. and then back home to Detroit area. We only had 2 hours of rain one day in Tennessee and other than 106 temp in Texas, everything else was awesome! My 83 wing held up in the hot weather, did not gripe too much pulling the little trailer I built and other than 1 blown fuse we had zero problems with the bike. We passed dozens and dozens of Harleys (on trailers of course!) saw alligators, camels, a bunch of beautiful Hot Rods in Iowa and about a dozen newer wings with trailers.. We stopped and helped a Harley rider in Minnesota who was on the side of the road. He had got a piece of something in his eye and we used bottled water we were carrying to get his eye flushed out and get him back on the road. He told us he had been passed by a few riders and no one else had stopped.
It was a great learning experience for us, we met some great people and are planning our next road trip this fall..Thanks for all the great tips and advice at this site, it made our trip a success!

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Glad to hear you had a great time riding. What was the blown fuse? You did quite a bit of moving around. It was great to hear you say you stopped to help another rider. That doesn't happen too much anymore.;)

Ride Safe

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Blown fuse was the 30 amp main fuse below the battery. I put in a thin wire till I found a Honda dealer in Meridian Mississippi where I bought 2 (they were 79 cents apiece)

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
imported post

Thanks for the update. I enjoy hearing about everyones' adventures. I'll be posting one soon.

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
imported post

As posted by several other people here, I replaced the dog-bone fuse with an in-line fuse holder and 30 amp glass fuse. Now I can get fuses at any gas station or Walmart.

This is a very good modification that really makes sense.

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
imported post

Another great trip by a forum member. I love hearing about those. :waving:

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
imported post

I know ya'll had a great ride, just got back from one myself. Let us know where ya go this fall.

It was only 104 here in San Antonio today, almost had to wear a jacket!!

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

Sounds like you had a fantastic time. I hope it was as good as our first. Nancy and I still smile when we talk about it and it was in 2007!

Now remember, the planning for the next one is almost as good as the trip itself. So get out that atlas. :waving:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.