Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! Nice to be here! I picked up my Goldwing a few weeks back in early January from the original owner. I drove 135 miles for it. It seems to have been well taken care of cosmetically - it looks brand new and I feel fortunate to have found it. It has 110,000 miles on it witch I found out is just about broken in. the owner just put new plugs and had the timing belts replaced 6,000 miles ago. Unfortunately when I picked it up the front tire was very low on air. 18 lbs. it was a sign I should payed closer attention to. I filled the tire and checked the rear. 38 - seemed good. Luckily I'm still here. The tire valve blew off the rear wheel at 75 mph on I-95. Wow, what an experience that was! I hope never to experience that again. Anyway, I kept it on the wheels to a stop and had it towed to a shop and had both valves and the rear tire replaced and all is well since! I'm a little on the short side (5'5") but with the rear pressure at @10 I am flat footed! I really have enjoyed the difference of the wing compared to my passed rides and get to ride year round here in Florida.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts

Welcome:waving:TommyC

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts

Welcome from Seattle!

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma :waving: Enjoy the wing :cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
Welcome from North Dakota

·
Premium Member
73,730 Posts
Hallo TommyC

Welcome on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
And good luck with your Wing.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Hi everyone! Nice to be here! I picked up my Goldwing a few weeks back in early January from the original owner. I drove 135 miles for it. It seems to have been well taken care of cosmetically - it looks brand new and I feel fortunate to have found it. It has 110,000 miles on it witch I found out is just about broken in. the owner just put new plugs and had the timing belts replaced 6,000 miles ago. Unfortunately when I picked it up the front tire was very low on air. 18 lbs. it was a sign I should payed closer attention to. I filled the tire and checked the rear. 38 - seemed good. Luckily I'm still here. The tire valve blew off the rear wheel at 75 mph on I-95. Wow, what an experience that was! I hope never to experience that again. Anyway, I kept it on the wheels to a stop and had it towed to a shop and had both valves and the rear tire replaced and all is well since! I'm a little on the short side (5'5") but with the rear pressure at @10 I am flat footed! I really have enjoyed the difference of the wing compared to my passed rides and get to ride year round here in Florida.
Welcome to the forum. Wow - quite an experience indeed!! Glad you can write about it.

So, which model of wing do you have? Pictures would be nice to help us snowbound wingers pass the time 'till spring :claps:.

Cheers,
Kerry

·
Premium Member
17,087 Posts
Howdy and welcome to the forum! :waving: Glad you are still able to write about your troubles. Enjoy your new Wing!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of info and help here.
Glad you are safe after your initiation ride. :shock:
Which wing did you purchase? Load up some pics so we all can see.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you all for the warm welcome!! Much appreciated! For those who asked I picked up a 1998 GL1500 SE in white. It's not like anything I've ever had but better then all my past bikes - love it!!

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
Welcome to the Goldwing family and to the Site family here Tommy.:waving::waving:

Sounds like you have already had a heck of a "First" experience on the wing. Glad it all turned out ok for you. Looking at your garage, Some nice looking bikes, I am sure the VTX is feeling all neglected now that you have the wing. I am sure that I can give it a pretty darn nice home and make it feel loved again. :ROFL::ROFL:

Anyways, welcome to the site. Feel free to ask any darned question that you may come up with. Also check in on any of the events that are happening. A lot of great ppl here on this sight and meeting up with the members if you can is really worthwhile.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.