Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still on the trailer until some help wanders by. Threw a battery into it, some fresh fuel & spun it over. It fires on 2 cylinders but 1 carb is belching into the plenum. I might hunt for a set of good carbs & just swap them out, not sure yet. It's a 79.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,559 Posts
Its all dressed up with "Craig" Vetter IV fairing, trunk and bags. It even has the "lowers' on the fairing.....!

He sold a ton of those for 1975 - 1979 Wing's.

·
Administrator
25,781 Posts
Looks much better than most of the wings I have dragged home. I think 1000s should be naked like they came though, at most a windshield.

·
Administrator
22,398 Posts
I kind of agree, now, that the early bikes seem like they should be naked again, but... we have to realize, it was those early overloads that gave us the 'Wings we know today. And that is an exquisite example of a 1000 bagger.

·
Premium Member
3,730 Posts
Just curious. What does the title of your thread mean? "First Wing"

Reactions: Bike...and Dennis

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
First Wing....I bought 2 of them last month. This is the first one to make it here to the shop. I pick up my 1500 on Saturday!

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
The early carbs are pretty simple,you might get lucky and just clean them good,timing belts are near the first thing you want to do before getting it purring good,one broke belt and your life will be a mess.How do I know that,live n learn.
Like Dave said,that’s a pretty good example of the 1000, it’s very clean,how long since it ran before you got it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts