Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

On my new (to me) 82 GL1100A, I was getting a loud rattling noise when under high load at low RPM.

After reading the forums here, I figured it was the master chain, combined with unbalanced power output. So taking the suggestion of several experts here, I went to the NAPA around the corner, got a new set of plugs, some Sea Foam, and while I was at it, I got some oil and gear oil for the final drive.

This afternoon I changed the oil and gear oil, gapped and installed the new plugs, and put a half a can of Sea Foam in the tank. I figured that if this didn't do the trick, I'd go out and spend $40 on a set of vacuum gauges to balance the carbs with.

No need. The bike runs like new - I can't BELIEVE the difference. The engine is SO much smoother, the awful chain rattling under load at low RPM is completely gone. I'm so happy!

Thanks to everyone here for sharing their wealth of knowledge. Next up is new timing belts. :)

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Every so often 'Miracle in a Can' will do the job! With Sea Foam it seems oftener.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey GSMacLean :waving:Welcome to the best Goldwing forum on the net. :clapper:
:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
imported post

You can also find it (Seafoam)at O'Rileys auto parts, if you have one in your area.

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
imported post

Sea Foam. Sounds good stuff. Where canI get it in the UK or is there a similar product ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.