Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

As noted, I posted about fitting the 80 shocks to a 79. But I neglected to ask the pertinent question: How do I install the air pump? or, do I install it all (use the shocks w/out)?

thanks

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

You don't need a pump, just install the air hoses to a T junction, and install the shraeder valve in an accessible place. Use the hoses that come with the air shocks, and find a good place to mount the valve. True, you may have to learn how to use an air pump and a tire gauge, but you'll figure it out. ;)

Raymond

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

sanfelice wrote:
As noted, I posted about fitting the 80 shocks to a 79. But I neglected to ask the pertinent question: How do I install the air pump? or, do I install it all (use the shocks w/out)?

thanks
Interstates didn't come with a compressor, a small bicycle pump doesn't take up much room to carry and they don't cost much. You can get bicycle pumps small enough to stick in a pocket.

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

No pump, you two are correct. I just looked at the (80) bike. My assumption that GWs were equipped with everything automatic is a little presumptuous, I guess.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

sanfelice wrote:
No pump, you two are correct. I just looked at the (80) bike. My assumption that GWs were equipped with everything automatic is a little presumptuous, I guess.
Not presumptious, the Interstates didn't have aircompressors, the 82 and later Aspencades do. Check out Steve's History of Goldwings on the home page of this site.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.