Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
imported post

Well spotted Willy. It pays to come here through the main page ofwingnuts site (instead of bookmarking the forum), otherwise you miss out on these things. I'll download the clip tomorow and do the film critic thing. :action:

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

I downloaded it this morning, I just let it stream live in the Wiondows player. He makes the fitting look easy. The fairing trim pieces do look to come off real easy when you do it right, no tools or screwdrivers needed to pry at it, just your fingers. I used a screwdriver last time on mine and marked it!

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
imported post

03Silver wrote:
..I used a screwdriver last time on mine and marked it!
I know the feeling Ambrose, I did the same on mine. The video makes it look easy, and it probably is when you are used to fixing vehicles every day. I still doubt I would get it done in an hour and a half!

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
imported post

Hi Folks,

Thanks to Steve for a job well done. The finished job can be inspected next time you catch me on my orange 18....I'm usually the fastest colour up front, contrary to what others may dream of on their REDWINGs...ha ha ha:D

Steve18

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

steve18 wrote:
Hi Folks,

Thanks to Steve for a job well done. The finished job can be inspected next time you catch me on my orange 18....I'm usually the fastest colour up front, contrary to what others may dream of on their REDWINGs...ha ha ha:D

Steve18
The only reason that we leave you up front is ....the rest of us dont want to be TANGO,D:cheeky1:,,IS YOUR PAINT PEELING YET ...GET IT PEELING :clapper:..ORANGE:):):) ..CHEERS CIARAN

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

steve18 wrote:
Hi Folks,

Steve18
Hey steve18, The fastest thing that ever came out of Kildare was a race horse. Now go and give that orange :18yellow:back to the A.A.

:18red: :18liteblue::18green::18yellow:

The fastest colour is far out in front.Orange is last.

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

weewillywing wrote:
the wingnut has been busy again. He has posted a page with pictures of how to install foglights on a gl1800, and a video clip as well...
That's Steve for you, always thinking up new ideas. At least we benefit because we get to learn something from it in the process.:clapper:
I'm off to bed now as I'm half drunk after watching the match and if I stay up long enough I'll start posting rubbish!

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

FitzAl wrote:
weewillywing wrote:
the wingnut has been busy again. He has posted a page with pictures of how to install foglights on a gl1800, and a video clip as well...
The foggies really are easy to install Willy. No pitfalls to look out for. Same for the Utopia backrest fitting. The video clips are just to take the fear out of what is an easy job anyway. Too many people are scared of these jobs and there is no need for it really. For what it's worth, I took a minute to check the stats this morning, the backrest clip has been downloaded 688 times so far (164 of those from the link on the Utopia site and the rest direct from the link here) and the foglights one 203 times. So obviously there are loads of people out there who are not entirely happy with the instructions that come with the items and who are prepared to download huge video files if it will help them out more.

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

Steve the only real servicing needed in the initial stages of the bikes life are the oil changes, brake pads and filters. Changing the oil is the easy bit that everyone should be able to do comfortably. I am going to have a go at the front and rear brake pads next month.

I had a look at replacing the air filter and that really looks like an absolute nightmare for us novices. It is something that will need to be done but some tips on how would be a godsend as Honda have really put it in an unaccessible place??

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
imported post

Littlejohn, Steve has more video plans for some jobs in the near future (as he is asked to do them) for the GL1800.Fairly imminent onesinclude;

[align=center]air filter change
spark plug change
windshield replacement
plus some others...
GL1500 fork seal replacement
GL1500 brake pads replacement, wheel removal etc.[/align]
[align=left]
He isn't sure whether to bother videoing brake pad changing and wheel removal, as they are already on the Honda maintenance CD 01-04. he's not going to bother videoing oil & filter change, I guess that's so basic that if you can't do it then no amount of videos will help, just get the shop to do the work instead.[/align]

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

Skooter wrote:
he's not going to bother videoing oil & filter change, I guess that's so basic that if you can't do it then no amount of videos will help, just get the shop to do the work instead.
Ah you're a heartless lad Paul! :cooldevil::whip:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Littlejohn wrote:

I had a look at replacing the air filter and that really looks like an absolute nightmare for us novices. It is something that will need to be done but some tips on how would be a godsend as Honda have really put it in an unaccessible place??

Hey Littlejohn, :stumped: I read in one of your posts some time ago that you had 14k miles recorded on your :18red:Now you tell us that you need to change the Air Filter/Cleaner. :stumped: Just in case you are not aware of it, :baffled:the Filter should have been changed at 12k miles, :crying:so it's a case of better late than never. :grinner:As the actor said in "The Quite Man" I must put your name in my book. :goofygrin:

:18red::18red::18red::18red::18red::18red: :18blue::18green:

Wingnut Redwing Wexman Littlejohn Marky BigAl ????????

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Skooter wrote:
I'd say you will be waiting a week or two, the bike for the air filter job isn't due in until late next week! :p
Hey Littlejohn, Get on your :18red:and get up to the Wingnut and let him use your :18red:for the purpose of making the vidio. :grinner: He will probably pay you for the use of your :18red:Ahem ! ! ! :goofygrin:Ha! Ha! Ha!

:18red::18red::18red::18red::18red::18red: :18green::18white:

wingnut redwing wexman littlejohn marky bigal ???? ????

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
imported post

The video was great, except I can't find the plugin for the switch. I have looked everywhere. The video makes it look obvious. Thanks. This is a great source of information.

I finally found it. After searching the other posts I was able to locate the plug.

Keep up the good work on the site.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
imported post

Thanks for posting this as that was on my winter list of to do things

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.