Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I love it, don't get me wrong. But it's the unforeseen complications that take the longest to work through. Differences in fittings, differences in hardware. 1972 BSA Engine. 1967 BSA frame. 1967 Triumph front end. 1965 BSA wheel. Amal clutch and brake levers. 1972 BSA brake cable assembly with integral stop light switch. I thought it would be a bolt-up deal. As usual, I was wrong. I had to modify the cables in several areas. Had to modify several things to get it to work. Dremel, files and Vise Grips. BSA motorcycles without debate have crappy rear brakes, but they have very good front ones providing they are properly set up. I set up the adjustments and went to fit a late model cable to it. It wasn't pretty but in the end, I got it done.
I love my Beautiful Goldwing. But my BSA sounds a whole lot better!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
imported post

Very shiny!
your nut is loose on your valve stem by the way.

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
imported post

Sounds like a fabricater to me, but how would I know. I can see you like challanges just as I do. It shows in your work and that is excellent by the way. I can't wait to see the finished bike. Keep up the good work.

·
Premium Member
12,777 Posts
imported post

I always did like the double leading shoe brakes . Of course they werent forced air on my ole Honda , but a hole saw helps that too .

Keep up the nice work .

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

scotterichmond wrote:
Very shiny!
Dang, I really had to look and it took a little time, but I finally found the valve stem!
Your right, a loose nut.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
imported post

Chromo wrote:
scotterichmond wrote:
Very shiny!
Dang, I really had to look and it took a little time, but I finally found the valve stem!
Your right, a loose nut.
On my bike, the loose nut hangs onto the handlebars. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.