Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

fix a 1980 GL1100i gold wing oil temp gage

the gage was fatory the wires were not connected . i have a after market gage ware is the sesor for this gage is it the same one as oil pressure warning light switch.:stumped:

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum OutdoorJoeM. I have never heard of a oil temperature gauge for a gold wind, as it is a liquid cooled engine there would be no need for one. In any event if you have found one, hooking it up to the oil pressure warning light sending unit will do no good and could damage your sending unit. It is sensing pressure not temperature. Could you describe the temp gauge you have?

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

thank you for replying Jack

Jack i took a closer look the gage it looks like a after market gage the name of the gage is Autometer one wire is + one is - and look like it is for a sender. what gage is under the radio. i guess this gage does not belong on the bike.

Joe

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

Hi Joe, Run a search on the Internet for Autometer, I think you will find your gauge. It is definitely after market, I don't have a clue how you could hook it up on a GoldWing.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

It might be a "Deer Alert" sensor?!

Just kidding,couldn't resist!:goofygrin:

Welcome to the "WGGWWS"Outdoor Joem"!:clapper:

"Redwing" will be along soon , our "Official Greeter" to Welcome you!

Oh ya , Wexman" said he may be riding his Honda 50 to "Iowa" right now??!!:baffled::doh:

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

That post made no sense here, I think it may have helped on another thread. I keep trying to attach a pic of my radio and cannot get the size down to the required 1Mg.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.