1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

So my old bike needs
. A new stator or poorboy alternator kit
. A rebuild of the front forks (new seals only lasted a couple of months)
. Ignition switch repaired. ( I know that supposedly new parts are available from Honda due to recall.)
. Air compressor has never worked.

Motor and carbs are good, was getting 37MPH. Don't want to see the old girl parted out. So should I drop about $500 into the bike to get it rideworthy? Doing the work
myself, a little at a time.

If I sell it as is, how much is fair to ask?

The kicker is that I just got an 89 GL1500. I don't realy need to keep both.
If they both were in good shape it would be hard for me to pick a favorite.

If I do sell it I will take offers from here first.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
imported post

hmmmm good question...well, either spend alot of money with the after market charging or pull the engine? Honestly I, myself, would sell it because it seems you would have to spend alot of time and a fair amount of money to fix it but as far as what it is worth "as is".... I would'nt have a clue.

Tom

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
imported post

its only worth 50.00 bucks but since im such a nice guy i will give you 75 for it :D:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
imported post

Well spring is coming, and I'm sure there will be some one who would want a wing to fix and get at a reasonable price too. As things stand, it would attrack a young fellow thats handy with the wrench and would like to get into a cruise bike cheap. So there is another view point. :)

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
imported post

Hahaha uhhhh...hmmmmm $75.00??? can I bid $100.00? Is this going to turn into an auction???:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::action:

Tom

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
imported post

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
imported post

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
imported post

Alpha in my recent wing search I found many 20+ 1200's in the same shape as yours roughly the asking price ranged from the lowest being 250 (due to job loss) to 2000 with the average being around 1200 dollars so the question is "Is the bike worth more than 1700? Counting the value of the bike in its current shape and the cost of the repair. I would say yes without a doubt. I would think the wing is actually worth around 3500 in running and driving condition so if you want to do the work, DO IT!!!! and enjoy it!!!! if ya dont take the quick grand and spend it on safety chrome! Just to add my bid is $225.72, ebay taught me how to bid.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
imported post

hummm, i wonder if they will bring it to me for that price?:stumped:

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
imported post

hahahahaha....its on now :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:I will go $250.16:action:

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
imported post

$275.81 and ill throw in a law ride coin lol

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
imported post

StreetHawk wrote:
Alpha in my recent wing search I found many 20+ 1200's in the same shape as yours roughly the asking price ranged from the lowest being 250 (due to job loss) to 2000 with the average being around 1200 dollars so the question is "Is the bike worth more than 1700? Counting the value of the bike in its current shape and the cost of the repair. I would say yes without a doubt. I would think the wing is actually worth around 3500 in running and driving condition so if you want to do the work, DO IT!!!! and enjoy it!!!! if ya dont take the quick grand and spend it on safety chrome! Just to add my bid is $225.72, ebay taught me how to bid.

Hummmm, i may have to sell my 85 aspy for that kind of money. however its got 94000. and i am wanting to see 10000. before i sell her.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
imported post

301.99 and i will through in my daughters cat.

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
imported post

okay...lets sweeten the pot.... $500.38 and you can have my wife's dalmatian (without her knowing) and my neighbors cat (pain in the backside) :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
imported post

I think I'm out of the bidding I dont know that I top a thrown in cat...................................Wait my sons hampster!!!! And A squirrel that I found in the yard that I'm nursing back to health

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
imported post

does it have heated grips? i may go higher if its got heated grips and floorboards.

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
imported post

WOW..if it has floorboards I will DEFINITELY raise the bid!!! I have been looking for floorboards so that makes my bid to $505.43 (only if it has floorboards) heated grips optional :waving:

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
imported post

Ill match toms bid regardless of the floorboards and heated grips

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
imported post

well shoot....StreetHawk matched me soooo....$523.17 :shock:

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
imported post

too steap for guys, i gota back out, unless he will bring it to me for that price!

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.