Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

A few weeks ago at ES7, I bidded and won a CD Player for an 1800, previously owned by Flyone, for $40. It had came out of his 01, and it had a stuck CD(s) in it. I decided that prior to mounting it in the trunk, I had to make sure it would work, soI removed the seat and plugged it in only to see a error on the dash indicating a cd was stuck. I took the unit apart, found 4 cd's in it, and with a little electrical cleaner spray, some dry film lubricant, some dry air, I managed to get it un-hung and working again. Put it all back together and tested, worked fine, so I went and mounted it in the trunk and put my seat back on and took it for a 100 mile test ride to make sure it would change cds and tracks and such, and it worked great. Thanks, Flyone! really like the Merle Haggard disk.:claps::claps::claps:

Gene:action:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

at work the ones out of the peterbilt the oem cd players cost around 1300 bucks

when the cd player stops working or a button stops working we take it out send it to a local electronics shop and for around 40ish bucks its fixed and worry free again

thats great to hear you got it all fixed up

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
imported post

are you selling the other 3 cd's, I am looking for a Michael Jackson thriller cd. do you have one LOL !!! :ROFL:

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

jnel57 wrote:
are you selling the other 3 cd's, I am looking for a Michael Jackson thriller cd. do you have one LOL !!! :ROFL:
Nope, actually, me and Flyone have very similar taste in music, so that means no MJ, no boots in the dryer sounding music, no rat music. Just 2 types, country and western.:applause:

Attachments

·
Administrator
26,534 Posts
imported post

And to think you didn't even want the dern thing, just bidding it up.:ROFL:

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

DaveO430 wrote:
And to think you didn't even want the dern thing, just bidding it up.:ROFL:
Your right, but since it was just taking up space in the garage, I decided to see if I could fix it, and after fixing it, I said what the hell, might as well use it.:smiler:

·
Happy Goldwinger
778 Posts
imported post

That was a good buy Gene. You could probably triple your money selling it on eBay, and then get one of those MP3 kits instead.

·
Valkyrie Scum
2,777 Posts
imported post

Great news!

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
imported post

I had a CD player in my 03 that my son totaled. Although the back end was not really damaged I couldn’t get the CDs to eject. Even went to the bonded yard and they let me try to get them out. 6 CDs gone. I think I had Poncho & Lefty, Radney Foster, The Wallflowers, Jimmy Buffet, The Eagles and Thiller. Still need to replace the Merle & Willie CD.

Didn't really have Thiller.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

Cool, buy 4 CD's get a player free LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.