Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

well today i put new steering stem bearing in. they were knocking a bit ,when i hit the brakes, so i knew i needed them. installation went easy,but now i have a wicked shake at 40mph. my guess is a bad tire(new in 07/08).i just can't win!

Robin

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
imported post

Don't mind me...if you've torqued the bearings correctly, and (per exavid in another thread) made sure the race(s) are firmly seated...but,many folks have actually cured wobbles by either re-torqueing or installing new...:waving:

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

Agreed. If the problem just started all of a sudden like then you need to re-examine you're neck bearings and torque.

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

BTW don't ride without the front fender or at least the fender mount. it does some weird stuff when braking:stumped::stumped::stumped:

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

well, i went back over everything. it's all set to specs. i found that it is definately a bad tire. i ran a dial-indicator on it, the tire has a wobbly spot. i guess i am going to be purchasing another E3 soon.

Robin

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
imported post

Those e III's get a nice series of bumps or scallops on my bike at the end of their lives, I do not know if I will buy another one ,I have had 3 and they all do that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.