Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Ok, I've totally forgotten about this till now. Somebody at Calhoun has a friend that makes stainless steel flagpoles to fit the 1/2 inch round tubing of luggage racks and was taking names of those that wanted some. These were priced I think at 20 bucks a piece. Anybody remember who that rider was? I'd love to get my order in at that price.

That price is for the folding type too.

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
imported post

I'm pretty sure that was Old Hawkeye up here in Canada near Toronto. I do remember you admiring them.:waving:

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

I'm with FVM, I'd be interested in a pair pending pix...

Bill

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
imported post

Is this the flag with round mount?

Flag orders are multiplying like flys.

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
imported post

No FVM, if I remember correctly they were stainless steel. It was old Hawkeye who had them. Hows your dog doing? after smelling your fumes all that time.:waving:

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

If they'll take an 11" x 15" flag, I'm more than interested...hook a brother up!

Mike

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
imported post

kylesmuskie wrote:
No FVM, if I remember correctly they were stainless steel. It was old Hawkeye who had them. Hows your dog doing? after smelling your fumes all that time.:waving:
We got home & Bailey had no signs ofwear.

Couple days later we were going out for a short ride,Bailey was just jumping & running tween us & the door, guess he wanted more! :D

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
imported post

hi Guys, I had to reach this fellow Bob, as he is a busy guy, and he told me that he had made these flag poles up out of stainless steel for the sole purpose of raising money for this Burn camp that his daughter is in. But I didn't know that he was only making them up for our Chapter members of the GWRRA chapter Y ON. Butif he changes his mind I will let you know, or if someone in the Chapter sells theirs. Sorry guys.:shock: :(

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

Well, I guess if he wants to limit the amount of money he donates to the burn camp... :(

Mike

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
imported post

Thisseems to be the lowest price on this style "Flag & Pole". :pumpkin:

In my search I found this particular one ranged from $20 to. . . :shock: $80 :shock:
(click) Flag & Pole

There's other Flag Poles that fold down, the reviews state they break easily.

I've priced the partsto make my own, savings ofabout $4.00

Maybewecan get together and make a large purchace we can obtain a discount? :baffled:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
imported post

OK, gota discount on the FLAGS.:cool:

" We don’t have that much margin in that one. Here is what we can do.
50 @ $18.39ea Plus shipping
100 @ $ 18.29ea Plus shipping
200 @ $ 18.00ea Plus shipping
Regards Wingstuff"

All we have to do now is tally up the count. Either post your count or e-mail me & I'll add to this count. Don't Dilly-Dally, the discount won't last forever.

FVM 2_da_bull-2_DigbyODell-2_SB in SC-2

GOT 8, do I hear 9, do I hear 9, got 8, do I hear 9...

. . .

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

Will we just get a "forum coupon code" or something on these for that price?

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

While I would like one, it's really not a practical model for me, because I cover my bike every night. I need a folding type, and I really don't think that's much of a mark down for a bulk order. Just my humble opinion. :baffled:

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
imported post

mikef wrote:
While I would like one, it's really not a practical model for me, because I cover my bike every night. I need a folding type, and I really don't think that's much of a mark down for a bulk order. Just my humble opinion. :baffled:

Foldable is a choice. They have them, $23.00. Not to sturdy, I read. :baffled:

To make this one foldable you could change the lower nut to a WING-nut. :clapper:

As for the markdown, We'd all love to get them free but as I found out these flags & pole go for (as low as) $20 to $80.

I tried to assemble the parts costfor aDIY...was about $16.00. So $18.00 looks rather appealing. Besides, $2.00 is easily spent by going just 25 miles out of your way.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

The reason I brought this up is that the ones Hawkeye had were very sturdy and foldable. I cover my bike all the time too and the regular non-foldable type doesn't work for me.

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
imported post

50 @ $18.39ea Plus shipping
100 @ $ 18.29ea Plus shipping
200 @ $ 18.00ea Plus shipping

Whoopee, buy 200 instead of 50 and get a great big39 cents discount. :cool:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.