Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I got an email today that had a link to The Flag Store. I looked around trying to find the flag I was looking for and came upon their Car flag with holder. I won't be using there holder but the flags were like a $1.95 each with the holder so I figured I would give them a try. I bought a bunch of extra since they said they won't last long over 50mph but at that price, I can afford to swap them out when they wear out.

here's the link in case any of you are interested in it. I also bought the stick State flag pretty cheap as well.

http://www.united-states-flag.com/

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

:action: I thought so too, surprised no one else said anything on it........ I bought enough for me to have a years worth if they go bad and still spent less than I would have on one from the bike places I have looked at.

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
imported post

To make them last longer you might want to fold over the outside edge about an inch and have someone stitch it with heavy thread.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Very good idea, I will take care of that with a really strong zig-zag stitch. These are supposed to be a good polyester which is supposed to last longer in the wind. Will see and report back when they come in.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Well the flags got here yesterday and the clips to attach them came in today from Cyclemax. I ordered them to see just what they had and they are a nifty idea. Not sure why I didn't think of it.

Here is a pic of them from behind showing how they look. If you notice that Hiviz jacket and remember me saying I didn't think they were necessary, well that was one of the things I had to do to keep the wife from getting on me too hard after we had the wreck. I can tell you that it doesn't work worth a flip, have already had two people not see me with it on, but at least the wife is happy and not complaining when I want to go for a ride!!

I may have to clip a hole in the state flag to get it up high enough to not hit the trunk, but that won't be hard and the U.S. flag will just slide up if I have to.

Attachments

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

That is cheap thanks for letting us know about them.
I think im gonna order me a few of those too.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Glad to be able to tell about them. I ordered several when I placed my order. I am going to try an experiment and see how long these first two last at highway speeds. Then I will sew them up like Dan mentioned and see how much longer they last and let you know what I find out!!

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
imported post

Thought it was cool.

Though some flags on the bike for NASSIR 3 would be a good idea.

Then tried to order.

Seems they dont want to ship USPS to Canada :baffled::baffled:

So I guess I will be going flagless. :-(

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

I can help you out with that I imagine, I wouldn't think it would cost much for me to just mail you what you want. What flags would you be wanting and what size do you want?

I mailed someone some stuff here while back in Canada pretty cheap if memory doesn't fail me now. I would think one of those tubes would handle the job just right.

Jeff

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
imported post

Howdy Country Boy,

So what size flags did you go with?

And you were talking about the flag clips.

Which did you get and how did you mount them to the antenna so the top doesn't fall down or the flag ride up the shaft when being bent back in the wind?

I fly a 3' x 5' off my trailer hitch for PGA missions, But would rather have something smaller most times.

I seen the clips on the site, And thought I could restrict their movement with tight zip strips, But don't want it to look mickey mouse either when the flags are not mounted.

Let me know and Thanks.

Looks good too.

Mohawk

·
Premium Member
3,607 Posts
imported post

Hey Jeff!! How'sAmy doin'?

If your looking for some good poles try this site http://www.m-j-enterprises.com/index.html

I bought my poles from them 2 years ago and absolutely love them!! I got 2 ofthe foldingChromed Aluminum with 8.5" pole ($39.95 each). I also bought 2 ofthe 12.5" replacement poles ($5.50 each)and the Chrome MetalBullet tops ($1.50 each) at the same time.

If you call to order them, ask them not to put any loc-tite on the threads. I regularly change the small poles (everyday riding) with the larger poles (PGR Missions and supporting my DAWGS & Falcons) so I didn't want the loc-tite on them. I haven't ever had a problem with them working loose. They are some great folks to talk to and deal with.

The flags will last longer than when used on a car. They don't get the beating like on a car.

You gonna make the SERRASJ 7 ride?

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
imported post

cntryboy1289 wrote:
I can help you out with that I imagine, I wouldn't think it would cost much for me to just mail you what you want. What flags would you be wanting and what size do you want?

I mailed someone some stuff here while back in Canada pretty cheap if memory doesn't fail me now. I would think one of those tubes would handle the job just right.

Jeff
Thanks for your kind offer.

I'm going to take a look and see if I can find some flags locally. If I can't find any I may take you up on your offer.

I have a couple of months to find something before NASSIR3.

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

Mohawk, I will PM you and tell you how to make them, they are really not a problem to make with a few cents of tubing. The ones I went with were 12"x18"

Doug, Amy is healing slowly and doing well with therapy. She is having some nerve pain that will most likely require surgery to get it to stop hurting so bad. It has kept her from wearing the boot as long as she probably needs to. Thanks for asking and for the link. I think I am going to make my own out of Aluminum since I have a bunch of it sitting in a box, I should have enough to make one tall enough to run these flags. I will post about them when I get a chance to get over to Columbus to work out of my storage unit.

Maple, just let me know if you need anything!

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

Doug, right now we are planning on making the trip. Nightwizard and his wife are going to try to go and we have talked about letting the girls drive down and Bill and I ride the bikes the bikes down.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
imported post

cntryboy, thanks for the post. The flags i had on my Harley lasted forever, but since i bought my wing, i put flag poles on it, & in one day of riding the interstate, about 100 miles, my flags are shot. The poles i bought are attached to the radio antennas. i think the flags stand up straighter, than they did on the Harley, so maybe that makes a difference.
i will try double stitching them when i put my new ones on.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.