Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I didnt, I need one and was bidding on this one.
Somebody tried to thief it from me....

·
Pwhoever
3,161 Posts
imported post

Description:

"This auction is for a complete Honda Gooldwing GL1500 Took Kit"

Sounds like the Canadian version...:DGet it? Took? Winter hat?:cheeky1:

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

He's just saying that he had it real cheap, then someone else jumped in trying to get it nearly as cheap, forcing him to bid more.

Kinda like an auction. LOL

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
imported post

Heh. I was watching that one, too. . . . . . .

I never bid 'till the last few seconds, though.

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
imported post

And the seller was axeman. Hmmmmm. :shock:

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
imported post

I bid on one for my 1500 last year and determined that I was NOT going to pay more than what Honda would charge for a new one.
I lost out on one by a few bucks only top have the person that was holding the action contact me and offered me a brand new one for less than what Honda would have got for one!
I bought it and it was like advertised....brand new!

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Then you lucked out.

I tried to bid on one early last year and sent the seller a pm for photos of the tools since the toolkit shown in the auction was closed. So I could have been bidding on a empty case.
The seller got all bent out of shape and the conversation deteriorated quickly. Reminded me of Saber Cycles attitude.
Needless to say I did not bid on that auction.

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
imported post

Yes...I lucked out on mine.
I did buy one earlier that was missing the spark plug socket, figuring I could find one. Then I got the deal on this new one.

One thing to note, do not use the large open end wrench to remove the rear axle nut. I tried that when tearing down the rear of my Wing for a new tire and that thing broke. Out of the other kit, not my new one.

I had to go buy a socket that size and still had to use a cheater bar on a 1/2 drive rachet!

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
imported post

Could just make one up yourself using a better quality tools. Inventory the stock and pickup whatever is needed. Thats what I did. The stock tool kits aren't of the best quality to begin with. Then you can add extras if you want.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.