Discussion Starter #1

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
I might have kicked in a couple bucks if it had been a Boeing product.:lash:

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
My daughter Jodie worked at Flight Safety Boeing for a few years. The day after Christmas each year they would let family members use the simulators. Her Father-in-Law and I are both geeks so instead of a christmas present she got us time in the 777/767 simulator. I logged 16 hours in the simulator before she got laid off when Boeing merged 2 divisions.

What a blast!!!

The funny thing is I was flying to LA every week for almost 6 months on a project and one of the United pilots recognized me from Flight Safety. He asked how my training was going and how much longer before I would be qualified. We both had a good laugh when he found out I was only getting in 4 hours per year!! That might just take awhile.

If you get the chance to every fly a simulator John it is a blast. Not as much fun as the real thing but still a blast. (right Paul!!)

·
Bringer of Shenanigans
1,031 Posts
My oldest brother was a chopper pilot in the Army. I was visiting him one summer and he had a weekend simulator training session. So, I tag along. Since there were only 3 of us in the building, I got to 'fly' front seat in a Cobra helicopter. It was only a half hour, but it was fun playing gunner. It got me wanting to be a pilot in the Army. But, I grew 2" too tall in college and went above the max height.

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
Yesterday My 14 year old got his first flying lesson and flew from Lower Upham (near Winchester) down over Portsmouth dockyards and out over the channel before turning back again. He did all the flying save the takeoff and landing, and a couple of quick stunts at the end of the flight that the instructor did whenb he took over the controls again. My son has used my simulator at home before, but it still pales to the real thing. He was all smiles when he got back too, we had told him that he was coming along with us to help load up some compost for my sisters garden!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.