Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

I have seen it and I think it looks terrible with the top part on it ,,I owuld not like to be travelling at speed with 3 small bolts holding on the top of my screen ,, Might be ok around town ,but at 100mph on motorways???

·
Village Whack Job...
7,907 Posts
imported post

wexy wrote:
I have seen it and I think it looks terrible with the top part on it ,,I owuld not like to be travelling at speed with 3 small bolts holding  on the top of my screen ,, Might be ok around town ,but at 100mph on motorways???
There isn't any more than that if as much holding the whole windshield on to begin with. So personally I don't think that's a real concern. It does look kind of crappy, but i do see the merits of the design. While the short shield is very dark I don't think one would want to try to see through it in the rain. So having the upper part be clear makes sense.

Obviously not for everyone but...not a horrible concept either.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,688 Posts
imported post

I'll pass

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
imported post

If i had an 1800, which i dont, still wouldnt want one of those shields..dont like the looks of it, not to mention what happens if u hit something with top half? Does it break off at bolts and hit you too? Doesnt look like it would take a bird collision or something very well IMO...

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
imported post

Made of Lucite Acrylic..... the stuff that shatters into sharp knife like shards on impact! I work with the stuff. My opinion... I will only use Lexan windshields for this puropse because Lexan bends far more before breaking. Acrylic is cheap in price compared with Lexan.

Corventure Dave

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
imported post

Forget that and go with an F4 windshield.

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
imported post

Wind bender knock off but not as sound. Look in to one love mine on a 1500 don't know about the look of one on an 1800. Very well made and very strong it's been through some hail and 70 MPH winds in fine fashion

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

I'd be afraid of those eyelet holes cracking over time... a little sun... a lot of vibration... acrylic by nature is very brittle,

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
imported post

F4 GETS MY VOTE

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.