Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Does the sight have any pics of the floats being measured? Seems to me I have them real close by my eye but I'd love to see some pics of where the measurement is being taken.I measured from the top left corner (while the carb bank is standing on end ) to the rear of the float near the pivot joint.I got it real close to 15.5 and had two blocked main jets.

Before I button it back up and take a test ride I'd love to see those pics.Anyone?

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

Randakks.com

·
Administrator
26,155 Posts
imported post

You measure the floats at the end away from the pivot. When you get them set the top of the float will be perfectly parallel with the body of the carb, guaranteed.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

OK sounds like I got it exactly backwards.Figures.DUM.Means dyslexic untrained mechanic.Thats why I like pictures.And no I won't pay someone else to do it.
Thanks Davo.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

"When you get them set the top of the float will be perfectly parallel with the body of the carb, guaranteed."

and by this you mean when the carb body is held parallell to the ground and NOT laying flat on the workbench,correct?

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

OK its all parallel now.Thanks.Can't wait till tomorrow to get it all back together and for a ride.Maybe now I'll find the top end.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
imported post

tomw wrote:
"When you get them set the top of the float will be perfectly parallel with the body of the carb, guaranteed."

and by this you mean when the carb body is held parallell to the ground and NOT laying flat on the workbench,correct?
When the float tab "just" touches the needle pin, the floats should be parallel.

Vague I know, thats Honda for ya.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Right.Honda.I know.Parallel is good enough a description.I think I got it done now.I'll know tomorrow.
Thanks dan.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.