Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

what do you guys think about a flood damaged 1800 trike, worth it at 2100.00. low miles!looks ok, but cant here it run!

Neil

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

I would be VERY skeptical about that price for a GL1800 trike. Extremely skeptical.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

$2100 is really cheap, even for a flood damaged trike. If that really is the price it's either a really good deal or a junk heap. JMHO

John

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
imported post

Or a SCAM.

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

Scam.

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

It would be worth $15000. for parts alone.

SCAM

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Its through a auction house, RIDESAFELY.COM, and the bid is 5000.00 now,the only concern that I have is if its sat to long with water in the crankcase and gearbox, the rest should clean up
Neil

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Then they ask you to send money to become a member etc etc and by the time you do that the "bargain" is sold ..

READ THE BOTTOM LINE OF THE PAGE IT IS ADVERTISED ON ..

HOW THIS WORKS

Important Notice: This is not an instant purchase. If you hold a highest eligible offer on our "Insurance Auction" item, WE WILL PURSUE THE ACQUISITION OF THIS VEHICLE FROM INSURANCE AUCTION upon receipt of your deposit, which is usually due next business day. Make sure to send your deposit in advance or your offer will NOT be presented. If we acquire the vehicle, your purchase is finalized. If we don’t, you can leave your deposit for next offer or request a refund.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,195 Posts
imported post

Wexy, that bottom part yells SCAM at me. That deposit they speak of will never be seen again.

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
imported post

Just my opinion here: Not With A Ten Foot Pole!

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
imported post

Ok, who has bought a bike from Ridesafely?

Ihave searched them quite frequently in the past.At worst, looks like there is a deposit issuethat me be a future credit if they were unable to secure the auction purchase.

Has anyonehad first hand experience with them?If so, what other hoops to jump through.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
imported post

HOW THIS WORKS
Important Notice: This is not an instant purchase. If you hold a highest eligible offer on our "Insurance Auction" item, WE WILL PURSUE THE ACQUISITION OF THIS VEHICLE FROM INSURANCE AUCTION upon receipt of your deposit, which is usually due next business day. Make sure to send your deposit in advance or your offer will NOT be presented. If we acquire the vehicle, your purchase is finalized. If we don’t, you can leave your deposit for next offer or request a refund.

Russia? Where is the bike actually? They are placing an auction on something they don't have possession of, or even know if they can secure?

If it is in Del Vale, it's in the austin texas area. Someone might want to check it out. I wonder how it ended up in Del Vale, This area has been in a sustained severe drought, there hasn't been any flooding here in years.

Here are other persons perspectives on this company.

http://forums.13x.com/archive/index.php/t-122345.html

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,195 Posts
imported post

I don't trust anything I can't touch or see with my own eyes.

I answered a craigslist ad a couple of months ago. The seller had more reasons why it couldn't be seen than a dog has fleas. Claimed he was in the army and being shipped out.

Told him that's okay, you give me your name, rank, serial number, the name of your commander and his telephone number so I can verify you, and we go from there.

He never replied. Obvious scammer.

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
imported post

See here's my problem I'm generally suspicious and this sort of thing always sends up a red flag for me .I personally would want to see and possibly hear the bike before I parted withANY money.

And the small print at the bottomsounds hinky to me.

Eric

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.