Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

6 inches water in the basement last night due to the rain. Water flooded the street and came in the back door. I know I got water in the garage too. The bikes will be fine and since I just got the garage all cleaned out I know there isnt anything on the floor to get ruined.

·
Pwhoever
3,182 Posts
imported post

You guys on the North Side really got hammered. I talked to a few other northsiders that were in the same boat. No pun intended.

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

My landscape timbers triedto escape down stream but Ifound the a half block away

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
imported post

what is rain!!

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
imported post

What's rain? I dunno we have snow! This photo taken Sunday 8:45am, yep now!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
imported post

6.8" of rain over night. I couldn't even travel 90/94 to get to work yesterday. Interstate was closed at Tower Rd. Been working 16 hrs on 8 hrs off forover a monthnow because of all the weather here. Worst wind storm, worst heat storm, and now worst rain storm in history in Chicagoland area. Mother nature has really been testing our electrical system the year. Not to mention the record snowstorm this past winter. More rain coming in as I type this.
I can't wait until fall so I can get a day off. :ROFL:

Mother Nature has kicked our butt not to mention the 850,000 customers that were without power after the wind storm we had. Some of these poor people have been out 3 or 4 times in the last month for up to a week at a time because of all this weather destroying our electrical grids.

We have utility companys from all oveer the US helping us puteverything back together.Power companies fromWI, IA, GA, FL, AL AR MI,OH just to mention a few. We really appreciate theassistance.

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Just found out my neighbor came home yesterday to find 4 footof water in his basement. My basement is all cleaned up and disinfected already.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Wow, prayers going out to allthat are being affected by the severe weather!

John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.