Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Was looking for some advice from those of you who have switched to floor boards. When I pick up my 1500 next week it will have floor boards and a heel toe shifter on the bike, I have never had these on my bike before, so I was wondering what you whom have converted think about them.

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

A buddy of mine has the floor boards with heal/toe shifter and says he would never go back to the pegs...I drove his bike for about an hour or so when we where riding the other night and I hated them.....

Its all a personal preferance type thing...He loves them and hated to drive my bike without them and I hated them and love to drive my bike without them:baffled:

Sure never answered yor question did I:goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
imported post

My bike had floorboards when I bought it. Left them on for a couple months and never liked them. Went back to stock and liked it much better. A friend who also had floorbords did the same and liked the stock pegs over the floorboards.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

My last bike, an 1100 had the toe and heal shifter and boards and I didn't like them, especially as the boards were ground sharper than a boy scouts penknife from scraping on the ground. Way too little ground clearance and I am the words most conservative rider, not some hacking and scratching merchant. My 1500 has standard pegs and that is the way she will stay. But that said, the change mechanism was ok, and I soon got used to it.

Pete

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

I feed uncomfortable with floorboards and hope I never have to use them again. I think this is a very personal choice. I have friends that love them. :jumper:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

stretrod48 wrote:
I feed uncomfortable with floorboards and hope I never have to use them again. I think this is a very personal choice. I have friends that love them. :jumper:
There lies your problem Stretrod, you shouldn't try to feed whilst riding!!:goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin:

Pete

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

:baffled:Silverfox wrote:
stretrod48 wrote:
There lies your problem Stretrod, you shouldn't try to feed whilst riding!!:goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin:

Pete
I shouild learn to tuype ora poof reed!! :baffled:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

stretrod48 wrote:
stretrod48 wrote:

Pete
Ish ok, i make moore mishtakes than most and i dont profe reed ivver.

its muck moore fun that way.

Sounds like a big thumbs down on the boards and toe and heal shifters then:baffled:

Peat

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
imported post

My 1200 had floorboards when I bought it. Now that I am used to them, I like them.

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
stretrod48 wrote:
stretrod48 wrote:

Pete
Ish ok, i make moore mishtakes than most and i dont profe reed ivver.

its muck moore fun that way.

Sounds like a big thumbs down on the boards and toe and heal shifters then:baffled:

Peat
Maybe I should not drinkand type!!!! :goofygrin: :goofygrin: :goofygrin: :goofygrin: :goofygrin: :goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
imported post

.. Give them  30 days, GoldWinger, and see what you think ... I thought I would hate them too... but when I bought this Wing.. it had boards on it...  ... I found that I can drive still agressively , and change 2 up , 3 down  a lot  faster, now that I am used to them .. Its a very personal thing.. /forums/images/emoticons/confused.gif                                                            . "If God had wanted us to have Floorboards.. He would not have invented flexible pegs..."                                                                          LOL ... You might just like them , if you give them a chance.. I will probably never go back to pegs on a Wing Tourer type machine. SilverDave /forums/images/emoticons/emoticonsxtra/cooldj.gif

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
imported post

...... besides , they give the bunny with a pancake on its head a place to perch... and protect your boots when you hit the side of a deer who doesn't know how to Whistle... SilverDave/forums/images/emoticons/emoticonsxtra/cooldj.gif              (actually, you will find your boots stay a lot shinier, as there are no marks on the top from the shifter knob )

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Bah, floorboards... heel and toe shifters... backrests... cup holders... wheelchairs... walkers... Depends... Geritol... Medicare...

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

exavid wrote:
Bah, floorboards... heel and toe shifters... backrests... cup holders... wheelchairs... walkers... Depends... Geritol... Medicare...
So as I read between the lines here exavid, your vote is no, right??

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
imported post

HATE THEM HATE THEM HATE THEM took the ones off my last bike and chucked them after trying to find nutreal before light changed (rarley did) and twice accidentally shifting when just resting foot on them. never again I have highway F/boards up on the engine guards much better

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
imported post

I have floor boards and Toe/heel shifter. It takes alot of getting used to them but now I quite like them. My advise is is try them, if you hate them, persevere for a month, then decide

Andrew

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Andrewl wrote:
I have floor boards and Toe/heel shifter. It takes alot of getting used to them but now I quite like them. My advise is is try them, if you hate them, persevere for a month, then decide

Andrew
Good grief Andrewl, thought you had left the country, it's been so long!! Or have you been kept busy "playing" out with CBhon and his 1800.

I suppose the boards are useful for the kids, dog, cat, goldfish to travel on:baffled::goofygrin:

Pete

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

I am a floorboard fan, but then I also love my backrest, cupholders and heel toe shifter as well.

Paul's problem is his Depends snag on the backrest. Besides, he is just a grump!

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

Apparently the depends are standard equipment on the Red bikes :goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

goldwinger wrote:
Apparently the depends are standard equipment on the Red bikes :goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin:

LOLOLOLOL I just spilled my tea!!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.