Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

After I drove my new bike for350 milesI decided to get new kuryakyn floor boards. I needed more for my feet. The installation went easy and they look andfeel great.Unfortunately, now I notice that when I go from1th to 2th gear two out five goes to neutral..........,just coincidence or what?

My previous new bikes I always replaced the oil around 600 miles. The Honda dealer is telling me not to do it until 4,000 miles. I like to know what your advice . Also, what kind a gas mileage are you getting?

Sorry, new guy with too many questions.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

Can' tell you anything about the neutral light or shifter, but the bigger bike you go up to, the more the fuel usage is. I try to always use Shell in mine. Some say all gasoliine is the same, but after changing to Shell, I get better mileage.
Nightrider1

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

Going from 1st to 2nd is always a little less smooth because your transmission must pass through the neutral slot. You might have to shift that one with a little more of a nudge but be gentle because the heel toe shifter can work your bushings a little harder than the origional one.

As for oil, I change mine often, I go by color or how hard the bike has worked in the heat during the previous month.

You are safe at 3000 miles & oils are now designed to handle more abuse before they stop protecting your engine but all oil begins to carry alot of crud because you burn gas in the engine, so for that reason I change mine alot. It isnt expensive & new oil has never hurt an engine, old oil has.

if you have lots of questions, This is the place to ask, Dont be shy!!!

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
imported post

I was concerned with the break in oil change duration as well. I changed mine at 1,000 and tend to change at the 5,000 mile markers.

As far as the missing gears .... check the bolt that holds the foot control to the left board (the one that you need the special wrench). Be sure that it is tight and hasn't worked itself loose.

For the fuel mileage this was going a while back .....

http://goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum4/52152.html

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

the 1100 I had always clunked when going through neutral. I eventually found a sweet spot in both lower and higher rpms.
I dont know a thing about the 1800 s but Im pretty sure youll get used to it.
I noticed that the sweet spots i have reffered to are also the rev zones where I am able to shift without depressing the clutch. I wont advise because I donot know what wear that may cause but Ive always done it in deisel vehicles without a prob.
Not to say that I always do it but I have done it many times.
You rev and put small pressure on the shifter and it will fall into place. can also be done while down shifting but doing it too fast and you will lose traction as the engine tried to slow the wheel .
Jose

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.