Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I'm 6'5" tall and the floorboards(footrests) mounted on my Aspy's crash bars don't extend far enough for me to get a good, comfortable extension of my legs. I'm looking to either modify the existing floorboards(footrests) or maybe get a pair of new ones that will allow me to extend my legs further than I can right now. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
imported post

Xtracho, I have had the same thoughts, I have an 84 Interstate and the highway foot rest just don't allow me to extend my legs. I am not as tall as you are but the posistios available just don' t work for me either. I have thouthe of getting some sort of peg that would mount to the vertical engine guard and extend forward enough to give me the length I need, but havent found anything yet, may have to fabricate one for myself. :action::action:

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

There has to be something out there. I was thinking about searching for some sort of clamp on foot rest that I could attach to the upper horizontal crash bar. The ones I have are extended as far forward as they will go.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
imported post

I've got the same thing on my GL1100. The standard mounting of the highway pegs stick my knees into my armpits, or at least it feels thus. I think I'm going to remove them and setup some forward controls, further down and more toward the front. If I do, I'll be sure to post some stuff up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.