Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I just bought my first goldwing and love it but wanting to know if you can get aftermarket floorboards for driver and rider for them. I have tried to find them but have not found them for a 1200 series goldwing. i would like to know if you still can get the hard boxes and trunks for them too.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the World's best GoldWing forum oldmanwinter! You got a nice find there in a 1200 Standard. :clapper: Post some pictures when you get a chance please.:)

You can still get the boards from a few places. Here's a couple.
ChrisChrome
Chrome World

You can often find them used on ebay as well, but watch out for Saber Cycle. They sell a lot on ebay.

John

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
imported post

Welcome to oldmanwinter, and I mean our new member, not the season! Have to admit, when I saw the title "Floorbroads", I has hoping for some biker chicks....but I'm kinky that way!

Welcome again!!

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
imported post

Just a word of warning. Maybe it was just the brand of floorboards my dad got, but they limited ground clearance so much in turns it was downright dangerous. The stock ground clearance is nothing to write home about, but add floorboards and you'd better be ready ro ride at 15mph in each turn.

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

You meant rider and passenger, bikes don't have drivers

The 1200 has some great pegs. I really like them and have removed the boards from my 1000 and added a set of 1200 pegs on it as well.

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

Lots of people riding with boards on the 1200's. They scrape easier than the pegs, but they flip up too so I wouldn't think it dangerous. My '86 came with boards and I scaped them all the time, and never out of control. I just didn't like them for other reasons.

John

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
imported post

Well I'm paranoid about scraping as I had a 1983 GPZ750 Kawasaki and 4 times that motorcycle was wrecked from dragging and levering the tires off the ground. Original owner did it once, I did it twice, sold it to another guy and he did the same thing. I get frightened when I hear grinding metal to this day after that.

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

RonKZ650 wrote:
Well I'm paranoid about scraping as I had a 1983 GPZ750 Kawasaki and 4 times that motorcycle was wrecked from dragging and levering the tires off the ground. Original owner did it once, I did it twice, sold it to another guy and he did the same thing. I get frightened when I hear grinding metal to this day after that.
Yeah, I don't blame you there. You were likely scraping the center stand on that bike, not the pegs. I did that a few times on my XS1100 Midnight Special, but fortunately didn't wreck. The Wing will hit the crash bars before it levers the wheels up, and you don't want to be over that far. ;)

Just for your amusement, here's a video of Yellow Wolf taken by Fuse behind him, both on 1800's on Deals Gap. You can hear the boards scraping over and over. :)
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=0nrMQ3QwyPo

John

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

oldmanwinter wrote:
i would like to know if you still can get the hard boxes and trunks for them too.
Not for sure if it will work but I have everything from an 86 1200 interstate bags rails and trunk rack plus the wiring for it also. only thing is the trunk is in seriously bad shape, the saddle bags are in good shape. just shoot me a pm if you find out if they will work and maybe we can work something out on it.

Ride Safe, Ray

:waving:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.