Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I am trying to install adjustable passenger floorboards on my 1989 gl1500 and I need a pic of how and where the remote pull handle is mounted and a pic of cable routing to boards. Can some please help me out. It would be a big help to the installation process and maybe if I get them working right it may get me out of the doghouse with wife. Thanks for any help and keep on ridin

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Just bumping this back to the top ,maybe someone with a 1500 SE will have a routing diagram ,Ciaran

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

thanks for the bump wexy

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
imported post

HI , you will need to get a right side passenger glove box, they are different from normal Wings. They have a horizontal slice abour 2 inches lont that the control lever for the floor boards passes through , and the underside has the mount for the control (2 phillips screws hold it on). The cable then just runs under the seat ontop on the fender then into the 1 into 2 cable splitter then they run down the sides of the frame to the floorboards. Routing may be trial and error but should go easy, just remove the side cover and the crhome trim around the floor board. I may have a pic from rebuilding my SE, if I do I'll try to post it for you.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

does anyone have a pic of the side pocket were knob mounts.the one with the slit in it. have extra bow and will try to make own slice for lever. need to see how lever mounts on back side.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.