Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Would floorboards (including a heel-to-toe shifter on the left floorboard) from a 2004 GL1200 fir on a 1992 1500SE?

Thanks

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

happer wrote:
Would floorboards (including a heel-to-toe shifter on the left floorboard) from a 2004 GL1200 fir on a 1992 1500SE?

Thanks
GL1200 or GL1500 :?

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
imported post

I don't think so...not without some mods to the mounting areas.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

happer wrote:

Thanks
Assuming you really are talking about a GL1200, ('84-'87), then the answer is likely no, at least not without modification.

In answer to your signature line question, parking lot practice, lots of it. Master the friction zone and the size won't bother or intimidate you any more. The Ride Like a Pro sight has some good practise exercise info as well as discussing the friction zone. I hear the videos are great too. http://www.ridelikeapro.com/

John

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Sorry...I meant I have a 1992 1500SE & he's got floorboards from a 2004 Wing, & I'd just like toknow if they will fit. Thanks

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

happer wrote:
Sorry...I meant I have a 1992 1500SE & he's got floorboards from a 2004 Wing, & I'd just like toknow if they will fit. Thanks
A 2004 is a GL1800, but same results. Not gonna fit without modification. Not sure how much modification would be necessary.

John

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
imported post

Happer: I bought a '95 1500 SE in April. Had floorboards & heel/toe shifter.

Never could adjust to the riding position.

Always snagging boot sole on heel rest for brake, and on ends of shifter.

Introduced a large delay into braking for me, so went back to stock pegs & pedals.

My 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
imported post

I have floor boards on a 83 aspy. Same result, great for highway riding, not good in town or parades. Hard to break or put your feet down.

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

happer wrote:
Sorry...I meant I have a 1992 1500SE & he's got floorboards from a 2004 Wing, & I'd just like toknow if they will fit.  Thanks
No, they are completely different.

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

Yes, quite a bit of modification, and unless you have the right tools, would not look very good to the eye.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
imported post

Buy the right ones for your bike, they are on sale here all the time for about 125. I just sold a near new set for a 1500 for $135 shipped. You will end up butchering a good set and tossing in the garbage when they don't work.

just sayin,

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

If u can sell me some, (used preferably) let me know...send pics & prices...thanx

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
imported post

ka9nyn wrote:
Happer: I bought a '95 1500 SE in April. Had floorboards & heel/toe shifter.

Never could adjust to the riding position.

Always snagging boot sole on heel rest for brake, and on ends of shifter.

Introduced a large delay into braking for me, so went back to stock pegs & pedals.

My 2 cents.
Same experience here. Even with the sidecar, the right board always got in the way of the brake. Often enough that I went back to pegs.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

I had floorboards & a heel-toe shifter on my 1200 & had no problems. Not sure y, but that's ok. Thanx for the reply.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

Either will fit in the garbage chute with no modifications.

(Where's a couch to hide behind?)

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

happer wrote:
I had floorboards & a heel-toe shifter on my 1200 & had no problems. Not sure y, but that's ok. Thanx for the reply.
Floorboards are either a love them or hate them. Some people love them and you are apparently in that category. Nothing wrong with that, just different strokes for different folks. I personally hate them but that's just my tastes. :waving:

John

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

I reckon I can go either way...just a case of getting used to whatever.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

Have u ever heard of WFO accessories? ..in my case, universal highway pegs

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.