Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
I been out gassing my jugs for the lawnmower (for "Wife Unit") or generator if needed, so y'all are saying Hurricane Florence is to hit Florence, SC now?

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
I feel sorry for those folks. We lived in Kissimmee FL when Charley, Francis, Ivan and Jeane went thru in 2004. My wife, who LOVED Florida, said "Get me the hell out of here!!!"

A year later, we were back in Iowa. The next time we get a minus 20 degree day with blizzard conditions, I will think of Florence, and be grateful.

·
Administrator
57,460 Posts
Hoping that Florence does not tear up too much stuff, I am planning a trip down to Homosassa, Florida next March for the South East Meet 'n Greet.

My son lives in Dawsonville, GA and said that he is watching Florence really close...

Fortunately for him, he lives up in the mountain areas, but still, the rain is going to be heavy.

·
Premium Member
5,115 Posts
I feel sorry for those folks. We lived in Kissimmee FL when Charley, Francis, Ivan and Jeane went thru in 2004. My wife, who LOVED Florida, said "Get me the hell out of here!!!"

A year later, we were back in Iowa. The next time we get a minus 20 degree day with blizzard conditions, I will think of Florence, and be grateful.
We lived on Orlando. Charley came directly overhead. Made a mess in our neighborhood.
And I have been in Iowa when it was -20. You can keep that stuff...:grin3:

·
Premium Member
5,115 Posts
Hoping that Florence does not tear up too much stuff, I am planning a trip down to Homosassa, Florida next March for the South East Meet 'n Greet.

My son lives in Dawsonville, GA and said that he is watching Florence really close...

Fortunately for him, he lives up in the mountain areas, but still, the rain is going to be heavy.
Don’t have to worry about Florence. It’s the next ones that we need to keep an eye on.

·
Premium Member
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The next time we get a minus 20 degree day with blizzard conditions, I will think of Florence, and be grateful.
No, you won't!
10 years of Fl and a total damage of zero$$$ Im about 3 miles inland from the beach. This might change anytime and so could anyone's life
( I bought this house 10 years ago)

·
Magic Moderator
4,213 Posts
How is every one doing on the east coast especially in the Carolinas?
I just watched a couple of videos from the weather channel and it doesn't look good.

·
Magic Moderator
4,213 Posts

I remember those storms coming through when I lived over in Port Richey. I'd rather deal with snow and cold any time.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts