Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Are any of ya'll planning to go to PlantCity next weekend ? I know there was some talk a while back about gathering there . Or perhaps the February meet ?

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

Possibly, I've got to see what the week brings. I've promised for Nancy and I to do something special New Year's eve.

I had mentioned going South to the keys and getting a motel that night, but again have to see what work brings the first couple days.

I normally don't like getting out on New Year's eve because of the other crazies on the road, but that keeps me in hot water.

New Year's Eve is our anniversary.

·
Premium Member
12,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Earl there is always another month for Plant City . Best to keep the Mrs happy :clapper:

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

If we decide to do the Southern trip, it will probably be a one nighter depending on the new tire coming in today and spare change.

I was thinking of leaving early enough to get almost off the state then find a motel. Do the Key's run the next day, leaving in time to be home that night.

I figure a good 6 hour ride from the end of the Key's.

Plant City is a must for us soon though. We have a large group here in the central Fla area that could all show up for food and fun.

I'm only about an hours ride south of Plant City. And now is the time with the weather nice.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
imported post

Happy New Year.......New to forum and hope to ride with you all next year......

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

We've got get something going for early next year. We could make an impressive group if we got most of us together.

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
imported post

I'm one:cool: hey.... keep me posted on getting together. i am always up for a ride

·
Premium Member
12,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Ok , so should we plan February barring rain ? I guess we could do this by PM to Central Fl members . I think there might be a few more "Winter residents " next month as well . There doesnt seem to be much interest in this weekend at PlantCity . Maybe this thread isnt staying up top long enough to catch interest.

·
Premium Member
12,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

kawridr, At this time I was trying to get a group to have a meet n greet at Plant City . They have a bike night the first saturday of the month . I've never been and may go just to check it out . I have been there on car cruise night ( 3rd saturday of the month). If we could get a group together in Plant City next month perhaps we can plan out a ride somplace as well . I'd guess without looking up member locations that we could get 6-8 bikes perhaps 10 from the forum . OF course its an open show so anyone can be there or be asked along .

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

Okay, Feb. sounds okay. I'll tell Nancy right now not to plan anything for then.

I know that she'll look forward to hitting her new favorite barbque place, Grandpa Johnsons.

Be sure to keep in touch, though. I've been known to forget things, birthdays, wedding aniversaries, coming home when I should. :baffled:

You know the usual things men forget. :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
imported post

Mike, how about we meet during the day,and a ride followed by a lunch(or early dinner) somewhere. my only issue with Plant City, there will be too much activity and the restaurants will be busy already. if we are lucky to have a good group, then ,imho, ride/food is a simpler plan.
who is interested? how far are you willing to travel to meet? how far would you like to ride for a day trip? favorite food? restaurant you want to try.....

i may be off base with this, just my ideas

best to all
Robin

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

I like the idea but after talking with Nancy, I find out that she's planning a surprise birthday party for my mother that Sat.
It will be from 4 till 7 so it shoots me down. Dang!! :(

·
Premium Member
12,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

Well the Mrs and I will travel to Plant City today and see how it is . We'll probly get there around 5ish . Do a walk about ( wonder if we'll see Taffy ) LOL . Then look for a meal as well .

Robin I am not a picky eater , just like good food . I dont really know any special rides . I'll have a look at some maps and see what I find . If its not done on/in conjuntion with Plant City then we can probly expect Earl and Nancy . Kawridr seems interested and Peterbylt probly would ride . I know in Plant City is Motor22.

We'll just have to work on a plan .

edited in blue

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
imported post

we'll just use the K.I.S.S. method for planning this.leave it loose and casual. i am looking forward to meetin' n greetin'

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
imported post

Next month is good for me. If lostinflorida cant make it Saturday night maybe we could all meet for lunch on that Sunday. Just a thought. :baffled:

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
imported post

February is good for me too. Am flexible so whatever you come up with is ok by me.....

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

I hope to get these obligations past soon and get up there to see everyone. It was so much fun at Calhoun there is just no reason for us not to do it now and then around here.

Nancy is doing all the phone calling for my mothers surprise b/d party. This one will be her 80th and we're trying to make it a family reunion too. Something they haven had probably in 25 years.

·
Premium Member
12,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

I'd say 80 is a mighty good one to celibrate . I hope your able to pull in lots of friends, relatives and keep it a suprise .

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.