Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

How do I hook up electrical wire's behind the control pannel for the 2012 GW 1800?

My instructions for the kit i purchased say there should be a 4 prong hook up and I find none.

Is there another way of doing this hook up?

Nam Vet

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I finally was able to locate the 4 prong connection for the fog light hook up, thank you to those responded to me.

Now i find myself unable to fit the fog light switch to the pannel. The switch its self fits just fine, the problem is that the holes that tighten the switch to the pannel dont lign up and may be for a different year model. (Just guessing)

What i have done for now is to lay the switch and its wire under the pannel. All is working just fine except the mountfor theswitch.

I just traded my 2004 Sabre in for this 2012 GW, WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!

Nam Vet

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
imported post

What make is the fog light unit? You may want to call the manufacturer and verify that it fits on the 2012. Mine (Electrical Connection) went right in (2002 model year).

Welcome to the forum Nam Vet.

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

A lot of accessories for the GL1800 are not fully compatable with the 2012 and the information is only getting out now. What light kit did you buy?

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

The fog light kit is:

lower fog light kit non air bag from Show Chrome Accessories/ Big Bike Parts ,part #52-604

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
imported post

I was told by a tech that the 2010 Airbag foglights and 2012 foglights are the same.
They were on back order at that dealership.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

The non air bage model is what i have,2012. The lower crowl is designed for an oblong light, not a round style light. The round lights will bolt up just fine,as well as the wireing, but does not have a nice "LOOK". What i did was order a new lower crowl with the "round" holes for the round fog lights, now looks nice.
The button for the ON OFF switch does not fit the control panel on the 2012 model.
This was a Big Bike Parts fog light kit for the GL1800

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
imported post

The lights are round for a 2012, the cowl is different. I understand that yours is a non-airbag 2012. What I am saying is the wiring for a 2010 Airbag model foglight kit is what you need for plugging in on your 2012. That is what the Tech explained to me. I'm picking up my 2012 next week.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
imported post

Nam Vet wrote:
I just traded my 2004 Sabre in for this 2012 GW, WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!

Nam Vet
That sounds Familiar. I traded my 2002 Sabre in for a 2009 GW in 09 and it is a big difference

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
imported post

You need the 2010 airbag model fog light kit. It will work on the 2012 since the 2012 switch and wiring locations are similar to the previous years airbag model. Even if you 2012 is not an airbag model you will need the previous years airbag model fog light kit.

Electrical Connection sells a 2012 fog light kit that fits nice in the square holes...

JW

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.